Chapter 13: The Letters

A/N: I wanted to write Gwen's letters to the members of the Dead Poets Society so here they are in their very own chapter :))

~•~

Dear Pitts,

When I first met you, I thought you were a little funny looking. I'm going to be completely honest. Your surname really didn't go in your favour either...

But once I got to know you I realized how kind  and generous you are! You are a quite clumsy, but then again I'm quite clumsy as well so I can't really say anything about that! However, your kindness and generosity overrule all of your flaws. No matter what  conclusions people draw about you, show them then you are more than that. I know you can!

I remember you saying something like "good guys never get the girls"  and I'll tell you, it's not always true. Sometimes but not always. I wouldn't worry too much over it, you'll find someone that will love you unconditionally. Then I'll be able to say "I told you so"

I'll miss you Pitts! One final piece of advice, live greater then your surname suggests!

Love,
Ribbon (aka Gwendolyn Keating)

Pitts put the letter down on his desk and rubbed his face to stop himself from tearing up.

***

Dear Meeks,

You have got to be one of the smartest people I've ever met in my life! And that's saying something, based off the many people I've met both in London AND the United States. Now, remember, that's a lot of people!

When you helped me the first day at Welton, I was amazed by how helpful you were and how you hold yourself around strangers, polite but definitely not meek (oh the puns I could make!). You come off as confident but not cocky. You're especially humble, almost too humble in some cases. You've got to take credit for what great accomplishments you achieve and for goodness sake, DON'T shoot compliments down!

There, now you've got me sounding like my father, so I won't say anymore on that topic.

I'll miss you Meeks and I hope you'll think of what I say the next time someone gives you a compliment. Maybe you'll remember me and laugh about it. You, dear Meeks, have a great mind. A mind that is destined for only amazing things and nothing else. I hope I'll get to hear about them all the way in London!

Love,
Ribbon (aka Gwendolyn Keating)

Meeks removed his glasses and stared at the blurry words on the paper, smiling softly, before he folded letter up and placed it in his blazer's inside pocket.

***

Dear Knox,

I'm sure you've the nicest nose I've ever seen on a person and I will stand by that till the day I die!

People might say they see you as a "hopeless romantic" but I definitely don't see you that way. Love and romance are always genuine, no matter what anyone thinks!

You are considerate, honest and I'm sure you would never hurt anyone. At least not on purpose. You're very determined to find love and I applaud you for that because love can be terrifying. What people don't understand is that it can be mesmerizing once you find it.