Chapter 53: You are officially mine

News about us dating spread like a wildfire.

It took less than a day for almost everyone to get wind of it. Even if we are not together, eyes follow us and whisper about our relationship.

"You're really flaunting your relationship now that you've gone public huh!" Brian commented as soon as he saw us.

Laila and I are already seated in the room. There are still those who doubt our relationship, especially Laila's friend. It looks like she'll skin me and Laila alive when she saw us together and when Laila breaks the news to her. 

"Shut up," I warned Brian.

He made a -tsk sound, "Geez Laila you disappoint me. How can you just like that nasty personality of his?"

I hear Laila stifle a laugh before clearing her throat, "Brian, if you know what's best for you I think you better keep quiet now."

He sulked at her answer, not expecting she'll say it, "I'm just saying, what did he do to make you fall for him. Last time I checked you wouldn't even take notice of him."

"Don't worry, I'm questioning myself too. It's either he put some love potion on my drink or I've gone crazy-" she stopped midway when she notice me gawking at her.

She gave me a sheepish grin. I can't believe I'm hearing her say this thing. She looks at me up and down her eyes squinting, tapping her index finger on her chin as if scrutinizing my whole being.

"I think I was seduced by his body?" 

She's practically questioning her own answer.

Brian choked on his drink. His eyes widen in surprise at her answer. Even I was taken aback. 

"I'm not hearings things, right? 

My body?

I was then reminded of my crazy dream. I had to drown myself in cold water for a long time just to calm down when I woke up in the middle of the night.

Laila noticed my discomfort, "Hey, you okay?"

Her hand was on my thigh and she lightly pinched it to gain my attention. I flinched at her action and pushed her hand away. She stared at me for a good while before a creepy smirk appears on her face. It was as if she had found something rare.

"Now I'm curious. What did you like about me? I have never been that nice to you anyway," she questioned.

Before I can even have the chance to think of an answer she gasps.

"Are you an M? Did you like it whenever I'm mean to you? But babe, I'm not into that kind of stuff." she continues.

What the hell!!

She was giggling like a little girl as I realize she was teasing me.

"Dude, are you really into that?" Brian joined in the fun.

"To think that the great Jeremy Malarkey has this kind of-" Nate jeered.

"Sorry babe, but I'm not really into that kind of stuff," Laila continued to tease. 

"The hell Laila, didn't think you're that type of girl," Brian said.

"Ummm, I mean I've been hearing conversations while I'm working. Aren't you guys also talking about this kind of stuff?" she questioned.

"Hey, hey, don't lump us like that."

Laila had this thinking look of hers as she continues to stare at me. For some reason, I just feel like the room had gotten hotter and images keep popping in my head that shouldn't. She leaned closer towards me, her face inches away from mine. She raises her left hand and caresses my cheeks, her touch giving me butterflies as her face inch closer to mine.