chapter sixteen

Aabirah walks out of her room, she is about to walk out of the passageway of the rooms, to the living room

The door opens, Dalaj and Yasira walk inside the house.

"I love watching the flowers with you, I can still remember when you decide to build the garden," Yasira says.

"It was the year we got married, right?" Dalaj ask.

"Yeah… and when Taj came alone you made the playground," Yasira says as she sees Aabirah's dress.

Yasira wraps her arms around Dalaj neck smiling. "Do you think I am beautiful?"

"You are beautiful,". 

Yasira pecks his lips. "Why don't we go and pick up Aqila?"

Dalaj nods.

Dalaj and Yasira walk out of the house.

***

Aabirah is sitting on the sofa in Safwa's place, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Safwa asks, sitting next to her.

"I don't know why I feel so hurt when I heard Dalaj told Yasira that she is beautiful, you know why? Because when I look in the mirror and saw the scars on my face, I realized how ugly I have become,"

Safwa holds her hand. "Don't say that Aabirah… you are beautiful, very beautiful inside and out. You have a very good heart, and don't ever compare yourself to that maniac, because you have surpassed her in everything, she can show you nothing, she can show you one thing?"

"What?"

"Her evil ways, why will someone even burn someone's face. Our prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said that None of you will believe,  none of you is a true believer until you love for your brother what you love for yourself. It is very clear that do as to others what you want to yourself, and that is to love for your brother what you love for yourself. To tell you the truth I don't know what Dalaj sees in her that he loves her, but have patience everything will be fine one day In Sha Allah, she will regret it when it is too late. What's your relationship with Dalaj since you left the hospital? Do you have intimacy?"

Aabirah nod sadly.

"Has he changed?" Safwa ask.

"I don't know,".

***

Aabirah opens the house and walks in. Dalaj, Yasira, and Aqila are in the living room.

"Assalamu Alaikum," Aabirah says.

"Wailakum Salam," Dalaj replies.

Yasira rolls her eyes.

"Aunt," Aqila says walking to her.

"How was school?"

"Alhamdulilah… I am coming tonight so you can help me with my homework, even though Maama ask me to stay away from you that you look scary now, to me you are and will always be beautiful,"

Dalaj and Aabirah look at Yasira.

"When did I say that?" Yasira chide.

Aqila is about to say something.

"Go to your room, right now!".

Aqila runs away to her room.

"Yasira, don't forget you are the burn who burned my face, and you know I forgive you for that… why don't you just stop," Aabirah says, walking away.

Aabirah lay on her bed crying. Maama asks me to stay away from you that you look scary…  What's your relationship with Dalaj since you left the hospital? Do you have intimacy? Has he changed?