Part 13

(Emily's POV)

I still think this is either the longest weirdest dream I've ever had or some very elaborate prank but for now I've decided to go with it. I dragged Alex here to a random room thinking he wouldn't be able to shift as he calls it because there wouldn't be the special effects machines or whatever he would need. But he did and now I'm stroking this huge but loveable creature and it all feels so real and maybe just because it seems crazy doesn't mean it's not real. Suddenly all I want to do is talk to Alex so with one last pat I pull my hand back. "Can you bring Alex back now?" I ask, wondering if I'm crazy too for going with this and talking to a wolf. But Firenz just licks my cheek enthusiastically and then rises. I take several steps back and watch again in fascination as Firenz shifts back once more into my Alex. He quickly pulls on the previously discarded clothes and then regards me thoughtfully. Obviously waiting for my next move.

Slowly I approach him almost in the same way I did Firenz, cautiously with one hand out, until I can gently reach up and stroke his cheek. He leans into me with a look of relief. Slowly he raises his hand up too cupping my cheek and drawing me closer. "Are you ok?" He whispers. And slowly I nod, "potentially losing my mind but yes I think I'm ok."

He breathes out a sigh of relief and then I'm in his arms as he hugs me tight.

"Christ I was so scared I was gonna lose you" he murmurs, "I swear everything's gonna be ok. I know it's a lot but I'm gonna be with you every step of the way."

Alex was right about one thing, whatever the truth about werewolves and stuff, there is an undeniable bond between us. And at least there's an explanation for how I'm feeling, the intensity with which I've fallen for this guy, because I have fallen for him there's no denying that, and it's scary as hell to feel this way but I also know that he feels it too and somehow that makes everything ok.

Three hours later and my head is just full of werewolf stuff. The more Alex tells me the more questions I have. We're lounging back in his suite eating lunch as Alex describes his home to me when we're interrupted by a knock at the door. Jake strolls into the room smiling from ear to ear. "Well it seems like everything is going much better in here than when I left."

Alex rolls his eyes but can't contain his smile as he glances across at me.

"Wish I could say the same for out there" Jake moans as he collapses down on the sofa, grabbing a handful of grapes to munch on as he does. "All I've heard all morning is Where is Alpha Alex? Where's Alpha Alex? We can't make these decisions with Alpha Alex. Seriously Dude now things are good with you and Luna you're gonna have to do some of these afternoon meetings. It's a waste of time otherwise and the other Alpha's just end up bickering."

Alex sighs, "This is more important" he says looking at me, "Em still has questions that need answering."

"Actually I think a break might be good, honestly my head's so full of new information I just can't compute any more. Besides, I'm supposed to be hitting the spa with the girls later."

"Really?" Alex looks slightly worried at the thought of me leaving him so I reach over to squeeze his hand comfortingly.

"If I think of any more questions I'll write them down and ask you them tonight."

"Ok" he smiles, squeezing my hand back, but then a frown re enters his face. "I don't want to take any chances after last night though. I think it's a good idea for you to have some security with you. Which spa are you going to? The one here?" and I nod in the affirmative. He looks relieved to know I'll be close and truth be told it makes me feel better.

Still, "do you really think security is necessary? You don't think those wolves will try anything again do you?"

"Better to be safe than sorry Luna" answers Jake flippantly as he throws another grape into the air and catches it in his mouth.

I pull my brows together in confusion, "One more question though, why do you keep calling me Luna? What's a Luna?"

Jake looks at Alex in confusion, "You didn't even tell her what a Luna is?"

"I meant to but we kept getting distracted by other things."

"Mmmhhhh, I bet" Jake waggles his eyebrows suggestively making me blush but Alex just smacks him round the back of the head, "Other questions you idiot. There's a lot of ground to cover when you're starting from scratch."

Then Alex turns back to me to fill me in, "So you know we're mates, soul mates, but as I said before I'm an Alpha, the leader of my pack, which now makes you, as my partner, the Luna of our pack. It's like King and Queen, mother and father. We rule together, alongside each other."

"Wow, that's a lot of responsibility. How can I rule a pack of werewolves when I'm a human who only discovered your existence last night." I say slightly panicked at the thought.

Alex must sense my panic because he's quickly up and kneeling in front of me, taking my clasped hands in his. "We do it together and I already know you'll be great at it. You're smart and kind, compassionate, trust me when I say you were born to do this."

"He's right" Jake pipes in, "the moon goddess chose you for a reason. And I don't know you as well as Alex does but I can see it too, you'll be a natural."

Somehow the news that I'm expected to be some sort of werewolf queen freaks me out even more than the whole werewolves existing in the first place bit. I glance at Alex who looks back reassuringly but I need time to get away and think about this. I've known him for two days, I remind myself. How can I be sitting here seriously thinking about becoming his wife or Luna or whatever.

Trying to hide my conflicting emotions I stand up and casually insist that I need to get going to change and meet the girls for our spa afternoon. Telling Alex I'll see him tonight and giving him one last kiss, plus an awkward wave to Jake, I slip out the door and escape back to my own room. I have a hell of a lot of thinking to do.