Pretty Dresses

It was almost time for me to have lunch with Hunter. I ordered Chinese to come to my office. I didn't know what he liked so I may or may not have ordered everything on the menu. I walked outside my office to Jannette's desk with four bags of food.

"Jannette, I need you to cancel any appointments I have for today and I also need you to come with me and pick out a dress. I'll text you the time and address."

She nodded showing she understood.

Lodge Enterprise wasn't too far from Bass Enterprise so the drive was fairly quick. I came up the elevator and as soon as the door opened, all eyes were already on me. As I walked through the pathway to Hunter's office, I could already hear whispers. Mr. Lodge was not wrong, these employees did love to gossip.

I got to the assistant's desk. "I'm here to see Hunter."

She looked me up and down in a disgusted way. "Wait here." she said then got up. Seriously, where did they find these employees?

She stood at the door and motioned for me to come in.

"Hi babe, I brought you some lunch." I said and looked back at her. Steam was practically coming out her nose. She shut the door a little loud but didn't slam it.

I turned to Hunter who hadn't even realized anything that just happened. His eyes were fixed on his computer.

"I brought Chinese." I said while taking out the food.

"Not hungry." he said, not even taking a look at me or the food.

My shoulders dropped. He was being so difficult. "Well I guess I'm eating all this food by myself."

I started to eat and looked around his office. It felt empty and cold. My office had pictures of me and my dad but his had nothing. No pictures, just furniture. Everything was dark and it was a bit depressing.

His phone rang and he looked at it but ignored it. The person called again and this time he answered. "What? I'm busy right now." He looked at me as he continued talking to the person on the other end.

He hung up and returned to his work. I looked back at the see through glass behind me only to see half of the workers looking at us. I sighed then turned back to Hunter. I haven't seen him in a while. We kept our distance from each other.

A lot of his features had changed. He had gotten more muscular. It had been clear he was working out. He was still very handsome. He had silky, jet black hair and dark brown eyes. He stroked his chin slowly with his thumb as he carefully reviewed something on his computer.

"What?" he asked sounding very annoyed.

"What?" I mimicked.

He sighed then finally looked at me. "Why are you staring at me like that? It's very creepy."

"Sorry."

He looked at his watch. "Lunch time is over. Leave."

"But I haven't even been here for long."

"Look unlike you who just has to look at pretty dresses today, I actually have real work to do so leave."

I looked at him for a while then packed up my things. "Great first date future hubby." I said in a sarcastic tone then left.

I walked to the bridal shop because it was only a few blocks away. What did he mean by he has 'real work'? I have real work too. Hunter and I literally had the same positions in our companies.  When I reached Jannette was already there waiting.

"Miss Bass, I think you may have the wrong address because this is a bridal shop."

"No, it's the right address. Didn't I tell you? I'm getting married and you're the maid of honor." I said then walked in and left her outside to process everything that had just been said. I walked to the front desk.

"Do you have an appointment ma'am?" the worker asked.

"Yes, it's under Miss Bass."

Her eyes widened when she heard my name. "Miss Bass? Right this way."

She lead me to a room. "We've picked out the top four of the best wedding dresses for you. Two are mermaid style and two are ball room style."

Jannette walked in.

"Shall we begin?"

I nodded.

The first one was a plain white ball room style dress. It fitted my body a little loosely and the material felt cheap. I wasn't impressed. There was no pattern nor design. I turned to Jannette.

"It looks good on you Miss Bass."

That wasn't helpful at all. I turned to the worker.

"This is my personal favorite. Not just for the look but how affordable it is. A lot of our customers choose this one since it's only $600."

I looked at it again. I didn't care about the price, I was loaded. This dress wasn't my style so I tried on another.

The second ball room dress was more of my style. It was a floral lace design that fitted my body perfectly, showing details to my curves. I looked at Jannette.

"Very pretty Miss Bass."

I rolled my eyes then turned to the worker.

"This is our second best seller at the price of $10,900."

I then tried on the first mermaid dress. Just like the first one it was too plain.

"It's nice Miss Bass."

"Our fourth best seller at the price of $10000."

I tried on the last one and this one caught my eyes. It was lace and fitted me tightly, showing off my shape like the second dress.

"Beautiful Miss Bass."

"Third best seller at the price of $10,600."

I was now in a position where I had to decide between the second or last dress. They were both beautiful dresses but I knew which one I liked more. I decided on what I wanted, payed for it, measured for alternations then left.