thirty-two - "I'm jealous."

Yeonbyul hugged herself as she got out of the car, staring at the enormous palace in front of her. She was about to walk until her wrist was grabbed by Haesun. She pushed the mistress away, "What is wrong with you?"

"I don't know what you're planning in the car but stop it. Do you want me to tell Heeseung that you killed my father?"

"Kim Haesun," Yeonbyul chuckled as she leaned towards her ear and whispered, "You know I always win. Why don't you try to tell Heeseung about it and see what I will do."

Haesun scoffed and bumped into her shoulder on purpose, stomping towards the palace entrance. Yeonbyul almost lost her steps but Heeseung quickly grabbed her arm, saving her.

"Don't be clumsy. I know we're getting a divorce but you're still my wife and the Queen. Don't embarrass me."

With that, he left her in the driveway. She buried her hands in the pockets of her trenchcoat, watching as her husband's figure disappeared in her sight.

"Here is your room, Your Majesty," one of the butler said, opening the doors to a huge room. Haesun barged in and immediately jumped on the bed, exhaling happily.

"We'll take this room," the mistress announced excitedly. Heeseung looked at Yeonbyul in worry, "Where will you sleep, Yeonbyul?"

The butler chuckled nervously, "I'm sorry but this room was meant for the royal couple. We have prepared another guestroom for the concubine."

Heeseung glared at the butler and went into the room. Yeonbyul patted the butler's shoulder and gave an assuring smile, "I'll take the concubine's room."

The butler widened his eyes as he nodded slowly, "Yes... Your Majesty..."

They both walked along the hallway in silence until Yeonbyul broke it, "My husband and I never slept together in the same room. I appreciate it if you separate us into two different rooms."

"My apologies, Your Majesty. It won't happen again."

The butler opened the doors to the new guestroom and Yeonbyul gasped in awe as she examined the room's interior. It was designed with white engravings. The bed was decorated nicely and the balcony had a nice view of the palace garden. She smiled and thanked the butler before putting all her things on the bed.

She opened the doors to the balcony and stared at the garden, admiring the fountains and flowers. She jumped in surprise when she saw Sunghoon running playfully with his dog. Her heart throbbed as she watched and admired him from afar.

The hair on his face was wet from the sweat and he panted tiredly. Plopping himself on the ground. Her lips curved into a smile but soon it faded when she saw a woman walking towards him. She was tall, slim, beautiful and she could tell the woman took his breath away.

Sunghoon stood up and bowed at the woman, greeting her. They both talked for a while and the woman's laughter could be heard from the balcony. Yeonbyul's heart started to be filled with jealousy and sadness as she thought that the woman could be his future wife.

She walked back inside and locked the doors, leaning against them. She closed the curtains and laid on the bed to get some rest after the long trip by car.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

The North palace was having a masquerade ball and they have been doing it for generations. It was like a tradition before the coronation. It was firstly held for the crowned prince that didn't have a future Queen for the throne. So his parents would hold the ball so that the prince could dance and get to know a few women.

Yeonbyul got ready as she wore her gown. The door opened out of the blue and Hanseo barged in, followed by Ms Han who walked in with her composed posture. Hanseo pulled Yeonbyul into a hug, "It was a long trip, Your Majesty! Sorry that we're late."

Yeonbyul smiled as she put on her mask. Ms Han helped her fixed her dress and Hanseo styled her hair beautifully and neatly. The doors opened and she walked in until she saw Haesun fixing Heeseung's suit, pulling him closer to her.

She stopped and waited for both of them to leave the hallway. Hanseo rolled her eyes, "I swear, she just wants you to see how she took your husband away from you."

Ms Han sighed, "Hanseo, that's enough. I'm sure Her Majesty doesn't want the King to be called her husband anymore."

Yeonbyul forced a smile, "That's right. We're getting a divorce anyway. So technically, we're not married anymore. Let's just do that."

The doors to the ballroom opened and Yeonbyul's attention was caught by all the women that queued in front of the royal family to dance with the prince. Sunghoon looked uninterested in them and leaned against his chair, poking his food. He didn't have his mask on.

She fixed her mask to make it hang on her face properly. She watched from afar as Heeseung and Haesun approached the royal family, greeting them.

She stood alone at the corner of the room, next to the noble people talking to each other. The music started playing and the people started dancing with their partners. The same woman from the garden approached him and he smiled brightly, agreeing to dance with her.

Yeonbyul clenched her fists and laughed to herself, thinking that she was stupid and immature for feeling envious and angry. She chuckled as she saw Jake and Soeun dancing and laughing, earning attention from some of the guests.

Her smile turned into a frown when she saw Haesun resting her head against Heeseung's chest as they both danced to the song. She left the room and explored the palace. She reached a room and was startled when the guards opened the doors.

"What is this place?" She asked. One of the guards bowed to her and said, "It is the palace library."

She walked in and smiled happily when she saw there were a lot of interesting books. She chose a few romance books and sat at a table. She read for a while until her eyelids became heavy. Then, she fell into her dreamland.