𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"Can you guess my woman crush, though?" Gabe asks.

I look at him from the corner of my eye, a smile on my lips, "I want you to tell me."

"I'll give you some hints then; she's fit, good at middle distance running and really good-looking."

And so I respond, "Please just say it."

"You," Gabe breathes.

"Thank you," I say, a mere breath before his lips.

-----

I pick up the phone. "Hello."

"Hello, Billie," I say, "How are you?"

"I am good, what about you?" Billie asks in return, stating her last three words as if they belong in their own individual sentences.

"I am dehydrated, I should drink some water," I answer as to begin a game.

"So what have you been up to today?" Billie asks further.

"An assumption can be made."

"HOW WAS IT?"

"Yeah...had a good time."

"Are the two of you a thing?" Billie asks, hearing the desperation building on the other end of the line, "What is happening."

"We. Are. Friends. Did you like the latest story, though?"

"Eden, you look good in everything. Would you want to be more than friends??? I am sorry for asking so many questions."

"I'm sorry for being so awkward answering them! I was only teasing before and it's honestly fine that you're curious. Look...I would like for it to turn into something more."

"Honestly, I replied to the story, telling Gabe that I shipped you and him."

"Did he respond to your message?"

"Yeah, he said 'me too'."

"Did he really say that???"

"Yes, he did!!! He's into you, girl!"