[07] Finding Solace

Usually, most people would be asleep and in bed by twelve o'clock in the morning. But that didn't include you; you were still trying to catch up on some homework that you had left to the last minute. It didn't help that it was due in approximately nine hours - nine hours was a lot of time; that is, a lot of time to procrastinate.

You placed your hands onto your cheeks and rubbed them a little. You just needed a boost of motivation to get your gears going, but finding it was difficult. "I can bet Takemichi-san is going to say he forgot it again and then never end up bringing it to school. Would that work for me? Nope..."

A long and heavy exhale was released from your lungs. Perhaps you should head to bed and do it the first thing you wake up. But knowing you, you wouldn't end up doing it anyway. Your moment of contemplating life was short-lived when you heard the ring of your doorbell. You froze for a second - was it just someone ding-dong-ditching? Or was it one of your parents who forgot the key to the house? But they were out of town during the week... it definitely wasn't them at the door.

The door bell rung once again, now coupled with a few knocks. You turned off the light to your room and headed towards the front door. The only lights that were on was the kitchen light that happened to be near the entrance. "Ah... I don't know what to do. Burglars wouldn't knock on the door like that. Who is it?"

"[name]cchan? Are you home?" There was only one person in this world who called you that. "Is this the wrong house? What was her last name again?"

"Mikey-san...?" You looked through the peephole of the door and like you guessed, it was the Toman leader. He was just casually standing outside with some blood on his face; not to mention he was also in his uniform. Your house is definitely going to be a target if you keep him outside any longer. You quickly unlocked the door and pulled the boy inside, not allowing him to even say your name for the second time. "What are you doing here, Mikey-san? And how do you know where I live?"

"Takemicchi told me." He tilted his head and grinned; he thought you knew about it. "Why'd you pull me in so fast?"

"You're in your Toman uniform... and I don't want my house to be a target. I'm sure you understand that." He tapped his chin a few times before shrugging. "So, why are you here in the first place?"

"I got bored, and I wanted to see your face." He grimaced when he tried to give another smile. Prior to arriving, he had been punched in a particular spot of his jaw. You sighed at his words, there was seriously no way you were believing that. He was bloody, his clothes were ripped, and he didn't have his hair tied up like usual. Toman must've had a pretty bad fight tonight. Even for the Invincible Mikey, he must've had some trouble, right?

"Mikey-san, take your shoes off and come in." He hummed a joyful tune the moment you allowed him into your home. He really wasn't expecting you to even be up at this time of the night, thinking that he'd just have to go home. But it wasn't the case thankfully. You sat him down on the couch and went into the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

Mikey on the other hand was busy taking notes about the home. It was neat, and had little mess. It looked like a normal home, but there was something a little off about it. It felt empty; as if there was really nothing inside.

"Mikey-san, I apologise for my lack of knowledge in first aid. All I know is how to put a band aid on... I can at least clean the blood off your face?"

"That's okay. I'm not hurt anyway, after all, this isn't my blood."

"Right." You brought a wet towel to his face and wiped off the blood that was visible. All you could think during this moment of silence was hopefully all the blood and dirt from his clothes wouldn't stain the couch. "So, what did you do before coming here?"