Chapter 3

For Manik Malhotra

With curiosity he opend the envelope. There was a letter which made him shock, numb, scared and what not.

It stated......

Hey my dear friend Manik,

Hope you are doing good. In fact you are doing awesome. You are happy with your family. But what if something happens to your family?? Suppose your son is playing in the garden when suddenly someone shoots him from far away. Or your lovely wife is returning home after a tiring day in the hospital when some goons attacks her and..... Hahahahaha
These are just some examples man. Anything can happen anytime. So be careful and get ready for the disaster to happen.

Your wellwisher😉

His body went numb. He was completely lost in his thoughts when his phone rang bringing him out of his thoughts.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nandini and Aru were in their own world spending time with each other.

Aru: Mumma papa kab aenge??

Nandini's POV:-

I was talking and playing with Aru when he asked me about Manik. It's true. What's taking him so long??

Nandini: Papa aa jaenge baby.

Just then I saw him coming. But something was wrong with him. He was looking tensed. As soon as his eyes met mine he averted his gaze. Now I'm sure there is something fishy. I have to clarify it from him.

End of Nandini's POV

Manik came with food and placed it in a near table. He took Aru from Nandini. Taking him in his arms he started making him eat the food.

He could sence Nandini's constant gaze on him. But not for once he was looking at her.

Nandini understood that he was trying to ignore him so didn't asked anything and waited for him to say by his own.

After sometime Nandini finished her work in the hospital and they left for the home. Manik was quite all the way to home.

Manik was driving and Nandini was in the passenger seat with Aru in her arms. While coming home he slept peacefully on his mumma's arms. Nandini looked at his innocent face and kissed his forehead lovingly silently praying to her aiyyappa to keep him happy and safe always.

They reached home. Nandini was unable to come out as Aru was sleeping in her arms.

Manik: Wait. Mai leta hu use.

He got off from the car and opening the door of Nandini's side he care fully took Aru in his arms not wanting to break his beauty sleep.

Manik: Tum jake fresh ho jao tab tak mai isse dekhta hu.

Nandini nodded her head and went inside thinking to talk to him after sometimes.

Manik took Aru to his room and woke him to. He undid his uniform and made him wear him normal dress with a lot of tantrums and made him sleep. Aru slept in no time. Manik sat beside him and stared at his sleeping figure. He hold his tiny hand in between his large palms and kissed it.

Manik: Agar papa kabhi kuch galti kar de to please unhe maaf kar dena baby. Mai aap aur aapke mumma dono se bohot pyaar karta hu. I will try my best to protect you both. Papa love you. Always remember that.

He bend over his face and kissed his forehead.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nandini was checking a patient's reports sitting on the bed when she heard a faint music coming. She got up from the bed and walked towards the balcony. From there she saw Manik was sitting in the garden playing his guitar. She left the room and went to the garden.

Manik was sitting in garden playing his guitar with closed eyes. His head was a mess. He just wanted to clear it. The more he was thinking not to think about the letter the more worst incidents that can occur to his family was roaming in his head and his heart started aching.

He was trying to forget everything by playing guitar but it was not helping at all. Just then he felt the presence of someone beside him. He opened his eyes and looked at his left only to see Nandini.

He gave her a soft smile which she reciprocated in the same way. She decreased the distance between them and snuggled to him keeping her head on his heart. Manik kissed her head and hugged her tight.

After staying in a pleasant silence Nandini looked up at, Manik still being in the hug.

Nandini: Kuch batana chahte ho tum mujhe??

Manik looked at her. And by the look of him she understood that definitely there is something.

But inspite of saying anything she just gave her a beautiful smile and again rested her head hearing his musical heartbeat.

Nandini: I love you Manik. I love you so much that I can trust you with my life.

Manik felt out of the world hearing her little but pure confession. He hugged her even more tight.

Nandini: I know that kuch hua. And that's why you are worried also. Tum mujhe abhi batana nahi chahte. It's okay. I will wait. Jab tumhe lagega ki mujhe batana chahiye tabhi batana. But don't take much time. Aise na ho ki bohot der ho jae.

Manik let out a heavy sigh and kissed her head again.

Manik: Remember one thing always Nandini that chahe kuch bhi ho jae I love you and will love you till my last breathe....

His sentence was interrupted by her lips on his. She kissed him to stop him from uttering all the shits. After a while she pulled back panting heavily.

Nandini: NEVER EVER SAY THOSE WORDS AGAIN.

She said with authority looking straight in his eyes. He just kissed her forehead to calm her down which even worked. She hugged him even more tighter than before.

"I will protect my family at any cost Nandini. I will try every way possible to be by your side and protect you always."

Manik said in his mind with determination in his eyes.

To be continued..........