Chapter 12

I S A B E L L A.

Rosalie sat on her chair by her dressing mirror while I did her hair up into an elegant updo that Mrs Rossi used to do for me when I was younger, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder back to the argument Santiago and I had. I cannot believe that I was dumb enough to believe he was any different compared to the other men in his position.

I huffed in annoyance before pinning up the last bit of hair successfully completing a petal bun and I smiled.

"Wow Bella, how did you do that?" Rosalie asks in awe and I smiled at her through the mirror.

"A magician never reveals his secrets" I say as I boop her nose causing her to giggle.

I crouch down beside her and smile.

"Now. How would you like to do some makeup?" I ask and she smiles so bright that I feel my heart soar.

"You'd really do that?" She asks excitedly and I nod as I bring my make up bag and empty its contents onto the dresser top.

I pick up the eye-shadow palette and do a light rose pink shade to match her dress. I used the eyeliner to do a cat eye and then applied a little blush to her cheeks, before I applied the gloss to her lips.

I stepped away from the mirror and smiled as I went to stand behind Rosalie who still had her eyes closed.

"You can open your eyes now  Rosie" I say and when she does she gasps and looks at me stunned.

"What's the matter sweetheart?" I asks and she gets up and throws her arms around me hugging me tightly,  I felt tears prickle my eyes as I wrapped my arms around her too.

"Thank you Bella. You have no idea how much it means to me to have someone to do all this with now. Mamma may be far up in the sky but you make me feel just like all the other kids, in some ways it feels like I too have a mom now" she says and I let the tears roll as the emotions surged through me.

"I love you Rosalie, so very much"i say and I bite back a full on sob as I hastily dry my tears and hold her at arms length

"I love you too Bella." Rosie says as she smiles broadly.

"Let's get you into your dress" I says as I hold out the hanger with the white dress with intricately embroided pink roses on it.

A few minutes later she is fully dressed and looks like a porcelain doll and I smile.

"You look absolutely beautiful Bambina" I say as she twirls in her dress. ( Bambina - baby )

I glance at the clock and gasp, it's almost six and I haven't picked out a dress yet.

"Rosie il moroso,  I'm going to go get dressed. Come and get me if you need me okay" I says as I kiss her cheeks and she nods before I walk out and race down the halls to my room. ( il moroso - Sweetheart )

What the hell am I going to wear?

I think as I walk into the closet but i stop shirtly when I notice a pretty baby blue box wrapped and set on my dressing table, I walk over to it to find out what it is.

I lift the lid of the gold box I let out a gasp.

With shakey hands I lift the letter and open the envelope

~ Alla mia cara Bella ( To my darling Bella )

I never meant to hurt you, you're the only one for me
Here is a little gift from me to you I hope you like it.