𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅

Dayvon "Von" Bennett

"Nigga, ain't you supposed to be at work?" Muwop asked as he and Von chilled in Von's new apartment

"Nigga, ain't you supposed to be at work?" Muwop asked as he and Von chilled in Von's new apartment. Soon as Dayvon got his job, he spent his first check to get him a crib. He couldn't stand staying in his momma's house. He loved her and all, but he needed his own shit.

Von smacks his lip and shrugs. "Fuck that job. I don't see how folks do that waking up and going to work every day. Shit ain't for me." After leaving the day he ran into India in Durk's office, he ain't been back. Durk has called his phone many times, and he ignored or declined every one of Durk's calls. When it seemed like the man couldn't take the hint that Von would not be returning, Von blocked him.

"You only been there like what- a month or two," Muwop laughs. "What you finna do now."

"Same shit I was doing before I got locked up." Von shrugs. At this point he ain't care no more. He really wasn't supposed to go to prison anyway, but one of his ex-homeboys snitched on him. He paralyzed from the shoulders down now tho.

the next day.

Dayvon had his face balled up as he sat against his headboard, reading the text message he just received.

773 - *** - ****

come outside

Reading the message once more, he blocks the number and grabs his gun from out of his drawer. The man was not for anybody bullshit tonight. It was his first day back out on the block and folks were already trying to play with him. That only resulted in them getting their ass beat.

Dayvon gets back into his bed and lays down watching whatever was playing on his TV. As soon as he's comfortable, his phone rings. Huffing, he answers and puts the phone to his ear, not bothering to see who it was.

"I know you saw my text. Why you block me?"

Dayvon instantly rolls his eyes at the voice. The man was really working his last nerve.

"What you want?" Nigga trynna go to sleep."

"Come outside, I got something to give you." Is the last thing Von hears before the phone goes silent, letting him know that the man just hung up on him.

Von frowns, tucking his gun in his pants, then puts on some shoes. He didn't bother going to grab a jacket cause he wasn't about to be out there that long.

Von rushes downstairs, trying to hurry so he could get back to his bed. Making it outside, he sees a smiling Durk leaning against the hood of his car. "What the fuck you smiling like that for?" The younger of the two questions as he walks up to him.

Von expects a response but finds himself engulfed in a hug. "Get yo ass off me," Von quietly says, punching the man in his back, but Durk only tightens his arms around him.

Von goes to punch him again but freezes when he feels his white t-shirt become wet. "You crying?" He asks, making Durk lift his head and nod.

"What the fuck you were drinking?" Von says trying to take a stop back. The smell of liquor wasn't as bad on him at first cause the man has cologne on, but now it's strong as hell.

"You must be one of them cry baby as drunk people." Von mumbles. "But I don't give a fuck about that. What you had to give me?" Von asks finally being able to remove Durk's arms so that he could take a few steps back.

"You mean as hell," Durk says, passing Von a black coin bag. Dayvon grabs the bag and opens it. "The hell you giving me all this for? Cause this way more than what my last check supposed to be." Says Von as he looks at all the hundreds and fifty's in the bag.

"You do this to all your employees...like pop up at they crib with money and shit?"

Durk shakes his head. "Nah, just you. You ate?"

Von shakes his head, looking at the man with a weird expression.

"Come on."

a 45 mins later.

"I'll be back," Von tells Durk as he gets up and makes his way to the bathroom. Durk waits until the man enters the bathroom before grabbing his phone that he left on the table. Turning it on, he shocked to see that he doesn't have a password.

Finding his number, he unblocks himself and changes his contact name before putting the phone down back to where it was.

A few minutes later, Von comes back just as the food was being brought to their table.

"Here's yours and hears yours. If you guys need anything else, just let me know." The server smiles and walks away, leaving two alone once again.

"I need to talk to you about something important." Durk says, making Von look up. Durk smiles at how cute the man looked, but shakes his head. He had to ask him about some stuff before he could joke around with him.

"Wassup?" Von says, taking another bite of his stuffed French toast.

"I know you don't want to work at the company no more, so I have a business offer for you," Durk nervously says, then takes a sip of his water. Von nods letting him know that he's listening.

"I need you to marry me."

Soon as Von hears marry me, he chokes on his food. Durk passes him the glass of water and watches quietly as Von takes a few large gulps.

"My bad, but what the fuck you just say?"

"I need you to marry me. It won't be for long, just 6 months to a year. We don't have to do anything. All we have to do is live under that same roof, show up to events, meetings, take pictures and shit like that together. That's it. You'll get paid $45,000 every month. If you do well, acting like my husband, the amount of money will go up by 10k." Durk explains, hoping the man would say yes.

"So you telling me I'll get paid just for showing up to take pictures."

Durk nods.

"Alright, I'll do it...under one condition."

"What?"

"You buy me a house. I don't want a mansion, just something like a big suburban house."

Durk nods.

"Deal. Just to let you know when you get home pack some bags because we are leaving out to Germany tomorrow. "

Here y'all go. I appreciate y'all
for checking out the new book.
1k + words.
115 votes for the next chapter.