5. When has a gunshot wound ever been nice?

Luciana Point Of View

The more I followed the vehicle that held my brother hostage, the more I began to think about how much Martino properly trained my older brothers. The moron clearly didn't do his job correctly.

The car went a few more miles before stopping outside of an abandoned old warehouse. It looked like the building was going to cave in on itself at any second.

I kept my body hidden behind a car on cinder blocks that may have been caught on fire before. The men took Vince out of the car, he was still unconscious when they took him inside the building. I waited a few minutes before going around the back of the building.

Luckily there was a back door. Before entering, I pulled my gun from the waistband of my pants. My hands were tightly squeezing the pistol.

My heart began to pound inside my chest as I heard a masculine voice screaming. I calmed slightly once I realized it was not Vincenzo. I had no idea where Vince was being kept.

I shrugged before going towards the screaming voice. I soon found myself outside of a room. I cautiously peaked my head inside the room... I sighed and relaxed slightly.

Vince was inside the room, however he was tied to a chair. Men were scattered around the room. My eyes drifted from my brother to the chair next to him. I scoffed under my breath when I realized who it was. It was the moron himself, Martino Roman. One can only hope that he is dead.

One of the men were in front of Vince with a smug look on his face. His smile only got bigger when he began to land punches on Vince's face.

"Touch... me again... you bastard and you will regret everything", Vince grumbled, as he spat blood towards the man assaulting him.

The man put his hand on the back of Vince's head, forcing him to look into his eyes, "Listen, you have no power right now... No one is going to rescue you and I am going to kill you. So there is no point wasting your dying breath on empty threats."

My blood started to instantly boil at his words. All of the men began to exit the room together while laughing with each other. The only one who remained in the room was the one who was threatening Vincenzo.

I waited until his back was away from me before I entered the room. I kept myself calm as I slowly crept towards the man. I glanced at my weapon to be sure I had the silencer on it. Luckily, I didn't forget like I have done in the past.

I got about three feet away from him before I raised my gun, and aimed it at his head. Before his body could slam into the ground, I caught it, and lowered it carefully.

"Luciana what the-", Vince began before I interrupted immediately with a quick shake of my head.

I scurried over to Vince, they had him tied to the chair with thick rough ropes. I couldn't risk taking the time to untie him, I needed to find some sort of a blade to cut it.

"Vince? Have you seen any knives or anything sharp", I muttered next to his ear.

"Look at that table", He sarcastically replied.

I looked over at it. Torture weapons galore were scattered upon it. I went over and took a knife, hoping the blade wasn't dull. I quickly ran back over to Vince and began to saw at the fibers of the rope.

"Stay quiet when you get up", I whispered into Vince's ear as I sliced the last bit of rope off of his wrists.

Martino began to groan as he started to regain consciousness.

"Go see if that's Roman waking up", One of the men in the other room said.

Martino is going to get us caught. I handed Vince the knife.