ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ - ᴘᴀʀᴛ 𝟷 || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Didn't update for a while since classes just resumed-

Anyways-

You were hidden amongst the trees, eavesdropping on the trio's conversation.

"So what's the situation with the fake ropes?" Emma asked. "Was anyone the—"

"Oh, the source? It's me." Ray answered bluntly. "I am Mama's personal source."

"YOU-?!" Emma blurted out.

"Sorry... I had a bit of an outburst. I don't even know where to begin...eh? Eh???" Emma fumbled with her words.

"I'll explain!"

In the middle of Norman's explanation, Emma had another outburst.

"Y/N?!"

"Present." You raised your hand up. Emma and Norman shot their heads at your direction. You waved at them lazily.

"I— what is going on?? What?? Eh?? How many secrets does this House even have?!"

You chuckled. "Now, how about we let Norman continue explaining the situation?"

"...So basically, he's the source, but not necessarily the enemy." Emma summarized. "And he's been doing it all these years... for our sake?"

"Yeah..."

"And eventually, Y/n also found out and began working with Ray. But she isn't working for Mom...?"

"That's right."

"To tell you guys the truth, I was actually planning on revealing the fact as soon as you returned from the gate that night." Ray admitted. "But then I realized a lot of things weren't going as I originally anticipated... like how you left Little Bunny at the scene and how you started planning to have all of us escape together."

Emma flinched, as if she was hit by a stone on her head and Norman looked away with guilt.

"Thanks to you guys, Mama realized right away, and I had to focus on keeping her restrained." Don't speak of Isabella like she's some kind of dog ready to leap at someone, you idiot. "You guys also looked like you were planning on doing something crazy, so I was just like... might as well keep quiet and restrain both sides at once... or whatever."

"I was also planning on having Y/n join in too, but Sister Krone happened. So I had her focus on finding a way to restrain her." Ray explained. "Luckily, ever since that game of tag, Sister Krone hasn't been directly approaching us, the oldest of the House... I still don't know how she did it though."

"I'll tell you guys later." You said, stopping them from getting off-topic. "Let's first talk about the topic at hand."

"Wait, so the reason why you couldn't tell us until now was because you had to cover up for our mistakes..." Emma murmured and tilted her head down. "I guess you're really against us taking everyone along, since you were trying so hard to restrain us before we even knew the truth about you two."

"Well, not quite. I don't feel that way anymore." Ray lied. "You've managed to convince me that we should take everyone... and now that you know the truth about me, I don't think I'll be able to secretly manipulate you into changing your mind anymore."

Yeah, right. You'd roll your eyes but you had company.

Emma turned to you. "How about you?"

"I saw no problem in bringing everyone in the first place." You shrugged. "Although it's going to be challenging, there are lots of ways to work on it—we may need to improvise on multiple occasions, but it's not impossible."