Chapter 16: Question

When Reael saw me the next day she looked worried, and I didn't like it. "You look horrible. Are you feeling okay?" she asked, and I waved a dismissive hand, "I'm fine" I said, and she gave me a worried look, "Esmeray, you are really pale, and you have bags under your eyes. You look like you are sick." she said, and I shook my head, "Just had a bad dream last night, let's get started." I said, and she studied my face, "No" she said and glared at her, "Why not?" I asked, and she raised an eye brow, "You are using this as a distraction for something else you are going through! You looked really bad, and I think it would be best if you got checked out." she said, and I stepped back from her, "I'm fine!" I practically screamed at her, and she looked stunned, "Esmeray, something is really wrong." she said, and I glared at her with true hatred and I had no idea where it came from. "You don't think I can do this, do you?" I said to her and she gave me a shocked look, "I told you that you have tons of potential!" she said, but for some reason I didn't believe her, and I had no idea why. "You think that you are so much better than me don't you! You think that I'm pathetic and a waste of space! You think that I'm a disgrace to the elfish people! You think I should die!" I was yelling at her with everything I had in me, and I had no idea where the words or the anger was coming from. I was exploding for no reason. It was almost like I had lost control of my emotions and my perception of everything. She stared at me like I had gone crazy, "Esmeray, settled down." she said, and something flashed across her eyes. I was breathing hard, and anger was pulsing through me. Suddenly my hands started to shake, and I felt my whole body tense. Reael's eyes suddenly started to turn black, and she started screaming as she fell to the ground. Reael was staring at me in horror, and I didn't understand what was happening. I suddenly jumped back, but the suddenly for some reason the world was gone and I was floating through darkness.

I suddenly started to hear few voice in the distance and it sounded like they were far away. The voices slowly started to come closer until they were right next to me, and I could understand them. "So, the moon started to grow?" I heard a guy say, "Yeah, I had never seen anything like it before. It was like she took over the world." I recognized that voice as Reael. "Do you think it was her?" asked the male voice, and there was a moment of silence. "Who else would it have been?" she asked, and there was no voices for a few minutes. "I don't know what got into her. She was acting really strange and really..... Angry." Reael said in a sad voice, "I wonder why." the male voice said, "You and me both, Zacael." she said, and I now knew who the male voice was. I heard footsteps approaching, "What are the results?" I heard Zacael ask, and I assumed they were talking to a healer. "Well, she seems to be under a lot of stress and she has had very little sleep lately. But, I think that it might have something to do with the realm." she said, and I could feel the curiosity radiating off of them, "What?" I heard Reael ask in an irritated voice, "You see, Esmeray has grown up in the mortal realm having elf blood in her. Her body wants to adapt to the new realm faster than her brain can handle it. I think that she doesn't have the same capabilities in this realm than in the mortal realm." he said, "What do you mean by that?" Zacael asked, "Esmeray's brain has switched to a different way of function since she arrived in the elfish realm. It looks like her elfish abilities have greatly enhanced since she has arrived in the elfish realm, and since her body isn't used to that part of her being enhanced its overloaded. When she is in the mortal world she had powerful elfish and gifted abilities. When she comes to the elfish realm her elfish abilities become stronger causing her brain to be overloaded. When elfish people travel to the mortal realm they don't possess their abilities, and since she has her elfish abilities in the mortal realm, imagine what happened when she came to a world where the simplest of elves have great power." she said, and I was stunned by what she was saying. That must be why I was having those odd pains. I hadn't been using my ability, and it had been inside of me too long. The only question was... was is my ability?