Captain America and his Howling Commandos fought HYDRA.

While watching a movie of Captain America and his Howling Commandos, Bucky appeared on screen next to Steve, staring at the map with a concentrated expression.

Peggy noticed a picture of herself in Steve's compass. Colonel Phillips glanced at her and she looked away with a smile.

---

Bucky and Steve were on a snow-covered mountain while the Howling Commandos prepared to zipline onto the train.

"Remember when I made you and Liesl ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah, and I threw up and Liesl nearly screamed her head off?" Steve replied.

"This is payback, isn't it?"

"Now why would I do that?" Steve asked smugly before gazing out across the white mountainous valley.

Bucky glanced out across the valley, silently wishing Liesl was with them. He had no idea where she was, and that alone terrified him. He didn't know if she was dead or alive, but he hoped she was alive.

"We were right," Gabe Jones said. "Dr. Zola's on the train. HYDRA dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

"Let's get going, because they're moving like the devil," James Montgomery warned.

"We only got about a ten-second window," Steve informed. "You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield."

"Mind the gap."

"Better get moving, bugs!" Dum Dum Dugan said.

"Maintenant!" Jaques Dernier yelled as Steve, Bucky and Gabe ziplined onto the train.

(Now!)

Dr. Zola, watching Steve on a monitor as he fought his way through the train, cried, "Stop him! Fire again!"

Steve noticed Bucky on the other side of the door.

Bucky shot the man coming for him. He soon realized he had run out of bullets. He ducked behind a pile of crates.

Steve opened the door, nodded to his friend, and tossed Bucky the gun and he caught it.

Steve darted forward and pushed a crate, causing the HYDRA soldier to move to one side.

Bucky shot the HYDRA soldier and killed him before saying, "I had him on the ropes."

"I know you did," Steve replied as another trooper with a blaster appeared. "Get down!"

"Fire again!" Dr. Zola ordered. "Kill him! Now!"

Bucky picked up the shield and continued firing.

The robotic man fired again and Bucky was blasted through a hole.

Steve shot the robotic man, knocking him down and ran to the hole in the train.

"Bucky!" Steve yelled, moving to get his friend. "Hang on! Grab my hand!" Bucky, braving his fears, and a highly possible inevitable doom, tried to grab Steve's hand, but couldn't and fell. "NO!"

Steve rested his head against the side of the train in shame.

---

As Bucky laid in the snow, he whispered softly, "If you're gone, Liesl, I'm coming. If you're still alive, I'm sorry. Know that I confessed my love for you with my dying breath."

---

Liesl screamed as the machine once again tried wiping all she knew.

"No!" she cried. "You're not taking them from me! I won't let you take him away!"