~ CHAPTER 2 ~

WARNING:- NOT PROOFREAD

Avni's Pov

I was about to burst out at Neil when he hugged me from behind. I just controlled myself from not doing that! I don't want to spoil his mood as well as others. 

I came and sat on the couch not giving any attention to my siblings who were chatting non-stop. Aman, Di, Mom, and Dad everyone is thinking that we're a happy couple and even I also used to think the same. 

But no, A BIG NO. We all are waiting for him and he must be thinking that what happened to me? He doesn't even know that I got to know about "his secret." God!! Why did he just do that, to me? And now, I don't wanna hear anything about it. I'll just be myself as usual and do my work. 

If he wants a divorce, then he will do it for sure. At least I know this much about him. I'm not able to understand one thing that what happened to that Neil, who used to love me. 

I heard the footsteps and got to know he was here and we got to move out. Asking Aman to sit on the front seat, I moved to the back with Neil's cousin on my Right and Di and Jiju in another car.

End of Pov

Dinner was a silent affair for both Husband and Wife. Both are lost in each other's thoughts, one is thinking what happened? And another is thinking why this has happened?

Asking his cousin and her brother to go with her sister, he moved towards his car while she was searching for her Brother. Understanding what she was thinking he informed her.

"Aman and Sahil went with Priya di!" Her face turned pale listening to him but soon composed and entered in the passenger seat while he settled in the driver seat with a concerned face. Of course, he was concerned about his wife and her weird behavior.

Taking a u-turn, he played the music while she stared at him hearing the music, and then started to see outside. It was 10:30 pm and the roads of the streets were so silent. It's after 10 min, she observed the roads which were not so crowded, and realized they were not heading to their home.

"Neil, where are we going?" She asked Nervously to which he didn't pay any heed but raised the speed.

"Neil No, don't raise the speed, ok!" "Okay fine" Saying he slowed down the speed while she heaved a sigh of relief.

She now came to know where they are heading to? To their Apartment, which was gifted by her Dad on their first anniversary.

"Now why are we heading there?" She muttered under her breath but he heard that.

"To make things clear, if they are not!" Saying he pulled the car aside and there someone came to his side and knocked on the window.

Taking a paper bag from him, he gave some money and again pulled the car into the driveway. After about 15 min, they reached the apartment and entered the elevator. 

All the while, Neil was staring at her and she was looking everywhere except him. Entwining his hand in hers, he caressed the back of her hand with his thumb earning a gasp from her.

"Avi, at least tell me what happened? Did I do something which annoyed you?" He asked in restlessness. Turning her face to another side, she nodded her head in no while his grip tightened on her hand.

"Do you think I would believe in what you say?" He was about to get hold of her but they reached their floor and she wiggled in his grip to get her hand out from his. 

Moving out he let her hand go and walked towards their flat and he removed the keys from his pants pocket.

Entering into the living room, she glanced up at the wall which was filled with candid picture frames of them and their family. Her eyes welled up seeing the pictures hung there.

She was startled by the sudden hug from her husband. Turning around in his arms, she stood facing him. Looking into his eyes, she searched for the answers to the questions which were never asked!

"There's nothing in my eyes to dig, Avi? What's the matter?" He asked his wife who is so lost in his brown eyes.

"No, there's! There's a lot in your eyes. These brown eyes., are just not brown eyes, you know? These are Your brown eyes, Neil." She sniffed after whispering. she touched his eyes in a haze. 

"These eyes hold the answers which You would never say." Cupping his cheeks she was about to kiss his eye but morning's incident flashed in front of her eyes making her step back.

Frowning, he tugged at her wrist while he can observe the nervousness on her face.

"Avi! You owe me an explanation. You have to tell me why are you behaving so weirdly?" Neil asked in his softest voice.

"Okay fine, I came to the office this morning! THIS MORNING, You were busy with something and I returned home! Are you happy with my explanation? Now let me go, Neil!" Saying, she jerked his hand and stormed to the bedroom.

Neil was rooted to his place while Avni's words were still echoing in his ears. His trance broke when he heard the loud sobs coming from the bedroom. His legs led him to the sight of his wife, crying like anything, clutching the window pane. He can't go and console her and wipe her tears because he realized he is the reason behind those tears in her eyes. He's the one responsible for her tears. That night, no one slept, just kept thinking about one thing!

The sun rays fell upon the figure there on the floor, hugging her knees, taking the support of the bed. Her face is tear-stained and her eyes are swollen and red due to the continuous crying. She's a mess by now, physically and mentally. She's heartbroken and there is no one beside her to mend her.

Gathering herself up, she moved out to the living room with her mind going back to last night's incidents. But she stuck in her tracks when she came across the sleeping figure on the couch. 

Nearing him, she observed the paper bag on the floor beside him. She wondered what was inside it. Facing him, she noticed the tear stains, swollen eyes, and dark circles on his face. He kept crying the whole night.

Unknown to her, her hand reached his face and she cupped his cheek. He snuggled more into the warmth of her palm in sleep. The first thing she does every morning, after waking up is, look at her husband, and her day never starts until she kisses him on the forehead.

But today, she is confused. She couldn't let herself near him. Did her love fall short for him in a day? Avni thought. Taking her hand back, she disappeared from there and came back after 20 min, clad in simple jeans and a long top.

Neil woke up until she returned while the past night's scenes flashed in front of his eyes. His eyes filled with unshed tears and his heartfelt heavy. He was guilty of ruining their happy life. He was solely responsible for that. 

Glancing up sensing the strong gaze, he found his wife standing at the entrance of the bedroom staring at him. Walking towards her, he said probably one hundred series of sorry to her, in his mind. He has no courage left to look into her eyes. He was about to hold her hand but she moved past him.

"We have to leave!" She said not sparing a glance at him. Wiping those tears he left to the washroom and after that, they left their home from there.

Thank you for keeping up with me. Bye Bye...