Ch 5

"I spy with my eye someone who's bored out of their mind." I said out loud.

I have been in various situations where I found myself waiting for something. From waiting in line for a roller coaster to long car rides, I rarely found myself bored during the wait. Even when I didn't have anything to do, I would simply entertain myself with the scenery that surrounded me or use my imagination. Both of those things are very difficult to do when I'm stuck in a room with nothing to inspire me.

"I know that person, it's me!" I said sarcastically.

I was sitting down against the wall opposite of the one with the one-way window. It was the one thing that stood out from the white walls of the room besides me. My phone or ds weren't in my pockets after I checked a while ago, and I can guess they have it somewhere here. What it looked like outside of the room was unknown to me, and from what little I could see from when the door opened earlier, I was probably in a base of some sorts.

If I was granted permission to have something in this room, it would either be my ds or a clock at the very least. Not knowing how much time had passed was beginning to make me anxious. I would have to rely on counting the number of times I fell asleep to count the days that passed during my stay here.

One of the things I was mainly thinking about was what the man said to me here. It seems that they were going to use me for something in the future, and what that is specifically is what I wished to know. If I was going to be vaporized or shredded into tiny molecules, I would prefer to know instead of being taken by surprise. I have never liked surprises, regardless of whether they were good or not.

The other thing that I couldn't help thinking about was my brother. The last time I'd seen him was back at the event before he was taken. The man confirmed that he was in the same place here, but what he said about 'if he ever woke up' had me stumped.

After I wondered about that for a while, I got up from the floor and began stretching. Sitting down in the same spot for a while has made my body stiff, and stretching was something that not only fixed that but also brought a little relief to me. My freedom and belongings might've been taken, but my ability to stretch is still with me.

With the wave of relief flowing through my body, I sat back down again in the same spot as before. I had many 'pleasant' and 'nice' things to say about them, but those thoughts weren't spoken out loud. My chances of surviving would go up if I didn't go and piss them off (or I believed so).

As I pondered what they might possibly do to me, I was pulled from my thoughts as the door to my cell opened. Two guards walked in, each one armed with a weapon in their hands.

"Get up and follow us." One of them said in a stern and not so polite voice.

"And don't try anything funny. We have permission to terminate you if you don't do as you're told." The other one added.

A snarky response formed in my head, and while it would've been funny to say it out loud, I was certain their response would be a bullet to my head. I got up from my spot and walked towards the men, curious about what was going to happen now.

The men turned around once I was close enough and began walking towards the exit. I followed behind them, but I was a little surprised they didn't try to cuff my hands or something else to keep me from escaping. We left the room that I had stayed in and continued down the hall.

Futuristic was one of the many possible words that could be used to describe the place. I found myself mesmerized by the things we passed by while staying behind the guards. Everything that we passed by was difficult to describe, but all of this confirmed that I was somewhere not available to the public. It was a shame as I was only seeing this because I was about to be a test subject in something I still had yet to find out.