Ch 13

Patricks pov:

'BZZAAAAP!!'

My eyes shot open as I was awoken violently by a powerful electric shock.  The charged energy shot throughout my small body and snapped me out of my slumber.  I can say that it wasn't a way that I or anybody would wish to wake up by.

The feeling lasted for a few seconds before it stopped.  I was breathing rapidly and could feel my heart pounding in my body.  The cause of the shock was unknown to me, but I looked around with my now wide-awake eyes to find the answer.

The first thing I noticed was that I was trapped within a cage, but it wasn't a normal one.  The bars of said cage weren't like the ones I've seen before.  Beans that would normally be small and thin were wide and thick.  The material comprising the bars didn't appear to be the average material used for cages. 

Beyond the cage to my left was the perpetrator who shocked me.  A man wearing a lab coat kept a safe distance from me, uncertain if I was going to lash out or not.  In his hands was what appeared to be an extendable electric rod which was the likely source of the previous shock. 

And I then realized he wasn't alone.

The man with the zapper was closest to me, but I finally noticed that there were others.  Two of the people were scientists like the other guy, but three guards stood next to them.  Each of them had a serious look, not daring to take their eyes off of me.

"The subject has awakened.  Be on guard for any signs of it attempting to escape."  One of them said aloud.  The guards only grunted in reply.

I remembered everything that happened before this.  It was a shame that my plan didn't completely go the way I planned it.  Given that it was something I came up with quickly, it was no surprise that it didn't work.  I suppressed a laugh as I thought of the guards I punched and knocked down. 

I sluggishly got up from the cold floor I was on.  The men noticed me moving and quickly pointed their weapons at me.  Under normal circumstances, I would be scared shitless of someone possessing a weapon.  Who would dare try to make someone with a gun angry?

But if I was correct, those weapons didn't have deadly bullets. 

They could be tranquilizer bullets, they could be rubber bullets, maybe something else that I couldn't think of.  But I recalled that while they were chasing me, I heard that I was to be captured alive.  Unless I did something that really pushed it, they couldn't kill me.  Not unless they wanted to piss off whoever wanted me alive. 

But the reason they couldn't kill me was the same reason I was trapped here.

I looked at my hands, my small, strange, alien hands.  They served as a reminder that I was no longer normal, no longer human.  I couldn't be understood by anyone as I probably sounded like an animal speaking gibberish.  That's what they all saw me as: a crazy animal created from some freak experiment. 

"Great, now I can't flip the bird anymore."  I said after noticing I no longer had the middle finger.

I got over the disappointment quickly and waited for something to happen.  I was caged and surrounded by guards, but they weren't doing anything other than watching me.  I felt like an animal being held on display at a zoo, except I was lucky I didn't have children screaming and yelling at me to move or do something.

I wasn't bored for very long as the door to the lab opened and someone entered.  All the personnel surrounding me saw the person and stepped away from my small prison.  I got a good look at the person's face and quickly recognized who it was.  Crazy eyes, messy hair, and a malicious grin, it was none other than him, the guy that's the leader of this place, also known as Mr. A.