45 Life

Love me. I am pitch black, sinful, bland, confused. But if not you, then who else is going to love me?

Maria Petrovykh

Him

Khalid ibn Al Malik is dead. The kingdom is left without its caliph. The news is a wild fire burning everything in its wake. And amidst the mayhem brews rebellion against the son of Khalid by the governor of Qahira.

Princess Halah couldn't bear hearing about the death of her brother, let alone an even deeper wound given to her by her husband for leading the rebellion. Where he couldn't see his mother in the state she's in, fate has some rather crueler plans that what they're dealing with already.

The caravan is looted at the border of Iraq. With war ongoing, every person is struggling for their own life and survival. The travelers are enslaved. And those who resist are killed. This is the first time for him to see bloodshed in its most brutal form. The events leave a scar on his mind.

His mother carries him in her arms as the people around them are attacked. They're seeking a place to hide and save themselves. Those who came with them from the palace are already dead. But then what they dread has to unfold, and he's torn away from her embrace.

"No! Don't take away my son!"

Then, he loses his freedom to slavery and his mother becomes a memory.

Her

Her

Destiny is never simple. Maybe that's why love isn't either. Desires aren't either. Sometimes, certain things are only a fleeting caress of time; they touch, they leave. Other times, they're like a grip of a claw-- if you try to separate them from your skin, they'll rip your flesh with them. Such things will always leave a mark.

She watches him as he saddles his horse and the breeze of dawn plays with his hair. She stands far from him at the door of the cottage twirling in her own musings.

Since when did Adam start smothering the flames burning underneath her ribs? When did he save her heart and she named it after him? How could their daggers at each other's throats become the veins of life instead? She doesn't know how could he bring spring to her when the sands of time tried to seethe her all this while. She doesn't try to find when she has found him.

A smile tugs at her lips and she bites it back when Adam turns to her. He pats the horse before making his way towards her and she composes her expression into a sober one, waiting as he approaches her.

"Noura?"

Her names never sounded sweet to her from his tongue before now. It never sounded safe coming from him. But now he's the one seeming to guard it. She allows it gladly.