Epilogue

~Zeke~

I stared at my mate as she read to the kids of our pack. She looked beautiful. Her hair was up in a bun, with a few strands framing her face. I couldn't believe she was all mine. 

'Ours.' My wolf Alec growled. 

'Yes, ours.'

As I scanned the group of children I realized one was missing.... 

"Daddy!" 

I heard a small voice coming from behind me, and I turned around to crouch in front of them. 

"There's my shining star. Are you behaving?" I questioned trying to scan where my daughter had come from. 

"We are always behaving. I am the best Godfather there is." My Beta said trying to give his most convincing smile. 

"Caleb and I were eating candy, but it's a secret." Scarlet had a grin on her face the size of Texas and there was no way I was gonna do anything to make that smile go away. 

"Why don't you go over with mommy and the rest of the kids to finish reading? I am sure she chose and good book." I gave her a light tap on the head and sent her on her way. Without hesitation she climbed over the children in her way, to sit in her mother's lap. Her head was tucked right under Jenny's chin as Scarlet eagerly looked at the book she was holding. It was opened to a page with a house tied to ballooons floating over the clouds. 

"You're going to get me in trouble Caleb. Taking her from reading group to hide and eat candy? It's ten in the morning!" I glared at Caleb, straightening my stance. 

"Books are so boring! I don't understand why Jenny has them read the books before we can show them the movie in the auditorium." Caleb groaned. 

The sound of a gasp had us both turning our heads. 

"Books are always better than the movies! Although I find it important for the children to use their imaginations before we just plop them infront of a television. And if you feed my daughter candy again during reading time, I am going to make you run the entire thing. Oh, imagine all of the books you'll read!" Jenny stormed over. I looked  over at the reading group to find that Susie, Caleb's mate, had taken over. At the sound of Jenny's threat, Caleb muttered a quick "Sorry Luna" before taking off.

She chuckled. "So uncultured."  

I wrapped my arms around her and instantly was soothed my her warmth. "We really haven't talked about what happened to you with your father. Are you sure you are okay?" 

"With all of our responsibilities taking care of myself didn't seem like a top priority, but there is something that I want to talk to you about." 

"Anything for you." I replied.

"So, I understand that a women helped us to free me from the spell. Although I never got to thank her. I also wanted to be able to ask her about why I can't remember anything."

"My mom was the one who found her so I will ask if she can point us in the right direction." I would search to the ends of the earth for the witch if it made Jenny happy. 

-----------------------------------

~Jenny~ 

After asking for Zeke's help finding the witch. His mother surprisingly was able to set up a meeting with her the following day. 

Now, I am sitting in Zeke's office waiting for her to arrive any minute. The room was very bland, and would look unused if it weren't for the single picture frame of Scarlet and I when she was born. I never believed it was possible to love someone so much, but the love for my daughter is unlike anything I have ever experienced. I would do whatever it takes to make sure she's taken care of. This includes having to face my past. I needed all of the pieces to be able to let my past go.... My thoughts were interuppted by a light knock on the door.