Chapter Fourteen: The Date

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

It's been almost 3 weeks and Tatiana is doing well, she was released yesterday and she was still herself. "I still can't believe you killed them for me." She lays on the floor, looking at the ceiling as she talks.

I roll over to the side of the bed, hanging over the edge, admiring her. I was too close to losing her and that made me realize I cherish her more than I thought I did. She's been the best friend i've ever had and I almost forgot what is was like to have one.

"I know we really haven't talked about it. Like if we are like ya know." I try to continue my sentence but I fall flat losing my confidence.

"Rosalina Daniels, are you asking for us to be besties?" She hops up a little in pain, J reach out to comfort her and instead she basically attacks me on the bed. "Yesss." The word lingers out with a laugh.

We spent basically that entire week together before I returned home. Alec and I have gotten closer, he's been more open with me since everything happened.

He steals kisses every once in a while but besides that our time is spent getting to know each other and hanging out. It's been surprisingly good, nice I would even say.

I was slowly imagining my life with Alec back in it and it felt good. I drop my head to the bed as I watch Olivia Pope walk away from Fitz again. I can't keep putting myself through this pain and it's not even mine.

A knock sounds at the door, I pause my show and sit up on my knees. "Yes." Alec opens the door, leaning against the door frame.

I hated how beautiful he looked doing nothing. He could be slapped on a magazine and we'd run out of paper. His black collared shirt with black slacks, gold dances around his body.

Rings. Watch. Chains.

I can't even focus on his words. "What's up butterfly?" I shift unknowingly, not entirely sure how to make my mouth work when he stares at me like a puzzle he's trying to dissect. "Come here."

I obey without hesitation. One second I'm on the bed and the other, I'm leaned shading the door frame opposite him. "Nothing, why do you ask?" I pry, not only wanting to know why but I want ti know why he just showed up out of the blue.

"We should go somewhere." He responses, his jaw set as he crosses his arms over his chest, doing nothing but making my mouth water with the sight of his muscles. "Why?"

"Don't want you to get bored." It's short and sweet. Nothing to show or dissect. It's not enough for me. "I can go hang with Tatiana."