2. Dinner

Roman James

I pulled a white tee over my body and heard knocks on the door, looking through my window to see a barely done up room.

I walked downstairs and saw Lottie holding wines of sorts. I looked and beside her stood her daughter.

Everleigh

I felt my younger brother who was nearly 5 tug on my hand and drag me down the stairs causing a low chuckle to erupt from my throat.

I watched as he ran to the guests.

Victor was always an outgoing kid. Never shy. Loved the girls.

"I'm Victor, but you can call me Vic!" He shouted to Everleigh and everyone averted their attention to how the shy girl would act.

She bent down and stood on her knees smiling at my brother.

I watched where she wouldn't exactly see me right away.

"Hi Vic." She grinned shining a perfect smile with deep dimples.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"I'm Everleigh." She smiled softly and my brother held her hand, swinging his arms on her hand loosely as a child would.

"That's so pretty. You're really pretty." He whispered yet yelled and we all laughed as she just threw her head back and laughed, the sound giving my ears a new sense of life.

"You're adorable." She said and touched his nose lightly.

I stepped out and cleared my throat making sure my smile remained dead.

"Roman look! It's a pretty girl!" Victor didn't let go as he dragged her to me.

"I see." I just nodded analyzing her wide hips in the jeans with thighs threatening the strings of the rips.

Her tee was too loose to decipher anything else.

"Let's go eat." I offered my hand and he took it, Eve blew him a cute kiss and he giggled.

I picked him up and set him on my hip.

"Such a flirt Vic." I joked quietly.

"Isn't she pretty?" He smiled at me with the same face I carried just 12 years younger.

"She is but you can't tell anyone." I put my finger to my lips.

"I won't, your my bestest friend." He wrapped his arms around my neck as I put him down.

"You're mine, go to mom she'll get your food." I shooed him and sat at the table waiting till everyone ate.

"Eve honey you hungry?" Lottie asked her daughter.

"No mama I'm good." She had a slight southern accent that melted my heart.

My blood began boiling as she didn't grab food at all.

I stood when everyone was done and my heart screamed to grab her a plate. My brain said I need to stay away.

I shook my head and followed my gut.

I made my plate and added a roll to my plate, walking back and putting it in front of her causing her eyebrows to knit in confusion.

"Eat it." I said and she nodded, placing small pieces in her mouth. I watched under the table so my feet wouldn't meet hers.

Obedient isn't she?

Shut up.

You know you like it.

FUCK my mate conscious.

You see she was now attending my school filled with people who have found their mates or hope for specific mates.

We weren't wolves or anything dumb. Just people who were created for one other person who walked the universe.

And mine was right next door to me and sitting across from me now.

It's crazy how that works. Looks are inevitable but I carried the personality and traits most compatible with her and she carried everything that was compatible with me.

But I was just 17 I couldn't settle yet.

"Are you beginning school tomorrow?" Mom asked Everleigh.

She finally finished the roll.

"Uhm yea." She nodded.

"What's you schedule? Maybe you guys will have the same classes?" Dad smirked and I knew damn well what he was doing.

She pulled out her phone and I stood, grabbing another roll and sitting, placing it in front of her and she just blinked at me but I didn't acknowledge it.

"I have Algebra first, history second, ela third, and chemistry last." She said and I clenched my jaw.

"Oh wow! You have last with Roman and that class involves a lot of partner projects." Mom smiled.

She's gonna call the damn school and request something just wait.

And it was allowed here bc people could be partnered with their mates.

I sighed when dinner was officially over. Her intoxicating smell leaving my nostrils.

"Can I see you every day?" Vic asked her, holding onto her hand.

"If it's okay with your parents sure. Maybe we can do chalk tomorrow." She grinned.

"Can I do chalk with my girlfriend tomorrow mommy?" He asked and my heart partially melted at the girlfriend aspect but even though my brother was 5 some sort of thing made me jealous.

"You sure can Victor. Say Goodnight to them, it's your bed time." Mom said and he smiled, putting his arms up like a small kid and she picked him up and spun him around.

"Bye miss Lottie!" He waved and they left.

"You're calling aren't you?" I asked mom.

"Of course I am. I saw the way your face heated when she didn't wanna eat. She's your mate don't be so pissy." Mom smiled.

"Fuck my life." I walked back upstairs and showered, brushing my teeth and getting into bed.

As time passed I could smell her, her window open and mine too.

I got out from bed and looked at her window seeing her in a large tee, seems to be a classic.

She was asleep in her bed, her curls sprawled out on her bed.

I looked at the ground under us. The gap wasn't far.

I quietly and easily climbed into her window and looked at her closer, when she didn't know.

I took a deep breath filling my nose with the smell of cinnamon and some sort of sweet thing.

Her skin looked so soft and cheeks were pink as her lips were poured out perfectly.

I couldn't help but watch her before I'd shove her away.