~28

Warning: Some words and phrases may be upsetting for some readers. Please read with care

"Jungkook," I called out.

I was no longer in the room of my parents. I was alone, and I was back in the ocean of my dark memories.

"Jungkook?" I called again, but there was no reply.

I was still wearing that blindfold, though I could see everything, and I felt Jungkook's warm hand in mine, the only thing that was keeping me sane.

"Y/N," came a muffled voice. "Where are you?"

"I'm...I'm back under the water," I shivered as puff of smoke came from my mouth. "Where are you?"

"I'm still here in the room of your parents, with you. But...I lost your connection." He said, this time a bit more clearer as I grasped and held on to his soothing voice. "Okay, this is gonna be tricky, Y/N. You have to follow everything that I say, okay?"

"O-Okay," I said.

"Now, you're in an Inundate." 

"What's that?"

"It's a body of water that can be found in a person's memories. It's what shields and contains your dark pasts and traumatic experiences. In yours, it's a whole ocean, so it might be tricky to find your Genesis*."

(*Genesis is another name for source. It's a slang term mind manipulators use that refers to the source of one's trauma.)

"Now, when you say Genesis, are you referring to the Bible or are you referring to that terminator movie?" I asked, desperately trying to find a way to reach Jungkook again. Something whipped past me, travelling faster than the speed of light. I tensed, waiting for Jungkook to talk again.

"Genesis is the source of your trauma. It acts as some sort of reboot button. But it's dangerous to try and reach your Genesis, considering how big and how scary your Mares are."

This time, I knew what Mares meant. "You mean those aggressive...horse-looking thingies?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"'Cause...I'm looking at one," I blurted out. I was having a staring contest at a Mare standing a few feet away from me. 

It was just like any normal, full-grown horse, but picture it as 10 times bigger, jet-black, blood-red eyed, and smoky.

"Y/N, run!" Jungkook yelled frantically. Without a moment to spare, I ran. And to my dismay, the Mare decided to give chase too, galloping closely behind me.

I sprinted forward, not caring where I'd end up as long as I got away from that stupid Mare. "Jungkook, what happens if you get caught by a Mare?" I screamed, running faster. The horse snorted and picked up the pace.

"You'd be stuck down there forever with just a small contact of your skin against the Mare. Y/N, no matter what happens, do not let the horse catch up to you."

"I don't plan to!" I answered, panting heavily. Then, I made the mistake of turning around to see if it was close.

There was--not one--but three more horses chasing me, and they were deadly fast. I yelped as one tried to bite my shirt. "Go away, you stupid horses!" I yelled in frustration. "I wish I had a bike or something!"

A bike appeared in the distance.

"Jungkook, did you see--" I started.

"It's your mind. Find a way to escape those Mares. You can do anything in your Inundate."

"I can control the Inun--the Inun--whatever this is called?" I asked, hopping on the bicycle and pedaling as fast as I could.

"Usually, it would've been hard, but now that you've overcome some of your traumatic experiences, you can control your Inundate." I felt my confidence growing as Jungkook said those words.