CHAPTER 27

Maya's POV:

After asking Shane what is going he stood there silent and looked at my dad so now I again returned my focus to dad for answers.

"Dad please tell me everything" I said in a pleading voice.

"Maya you know right, your mom got a miscarriage after you because someone poisoned her" my dad said and nodded in response so he will continue.

"The person who poisoned her was none other than my own sister and her husband" he said and waited for my response.

"What?! You have a sister? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him.

"After that incident we were able to catch my sister but her husband Mason got away and we were never able to track him down" he said and I didn't said anything because I know there is something more to it.

"My sister died in the prison after few months. We got to know she committed suicide because of her guilt, she left a letter behind on how her husband made her do those things by blackmailing and abused her" he said with sadness in his voice.

"I was not able to save my sister from his hands but I wanted to save my daughters at any cost. He even tried to kidnap you few times but we were able to protect you" he said coming to me and hugged me.

"But why is he doing all this?" I mumbled slowly but he was able to hear me.

"After some digging we came to know that his father used to work in our company but he used to misbehave with female employees so after getting to know about it your grandfather fired him and due to the bad remarks he was not able to get any job later. So he killed himself after sometime when he became mentally unstable and his son Mason blamed our family for everything that went wrong in his life. Later we got to know he changed his surname and trapped your aunt to marry her, so he can be close to us and destroy our family. By the time we got to know his intentions we were late I lost my sister and my unborn child" he said with a heavy voice.

The room was silent for few minutes no one said anything after hearing all that.

"Dad?" I called him remembering something that man told me.

"That man told me I am the reason why Emma lost her voice. Is it true?" I asked him trying to hold my tears but was unable to stop them.

"No baby, he was lying" my mom who was silent all this time spoke coming to me and standing beside my dad.

"But he said..." I started but was cut off by my dad this time.

"No Maya they tried to kidnap you that time but our men were successful in protecting both of you" he said and added "Emma's incident was not related to you"

My dad told me what really happened with Emma because I am still beating myself over what that man said.

(Author Note: For knowing what really happened to Emma please go and read The Mute Mrs. Billionaire)

After that the doctor came and told us I can leave the hospital and instructed to have a proper diet and prescribed some vitamins needed for me.

Shane and I were in his car going back home while mom, dad and Meghan are in other car.

The ride back home was in an awkward silence because of the past few weeks.

"So.." Shane said breaking the silence to grab my attention.

"Hmm" I hummed as a response letting him know I am listening.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked.

"Better" I replied to him still looking out of the window.