CHAPTER 21

Shane's POV:

When Sam said this place belongs to our family Maya seemed so happy.

"Isn't it so good that you own a place like this which is simple and cosy at the same time. I wish my family owned something like this" she said the last sentence sadly which I really didn't like.

"You can come here whenever you want I will let Mark know about you. He will take care of everything you want" I said just so she would smile.

"Really? You can do that?" she asked with hope.

"Of course anything for you" I said to which she gave a bright smile and her eyes had the happy glint in them just seeing that made me happy too.

She was really like full of surprises. Every girl I have met so far would have asked why will Mathews buy such a place or something which didn't meet our class or standards.

But Maya turned out to be the opposite. The first time when she came to this diner I turned to her so I can observe her reaction and half way expected her to say we will go to some other place but she looked relieved we came here that day.

I never expected her to be this excited just because I own a small diner. Seeing that she is happy because of me brought a whole lot of satisfaction which I never had.

"Shane!" I heard Maya calling me when I was lost in my thoughts just looking at her for the past few minutes.

"What happened? What are you thinking?" she asked.

"Huh Nothing" I said and the same time "About someone who has been occupying his mind lately" Sam said teasingly at her to which she just blushed looking cute.

"So are you going to introduce me to Mark or not?" she asked turning to me now ignoring Sam.

"Yeah come with me" I said and we both went to the counter.

"Hello Shane how are you doing?" Julie asked seeing me.

"Hi Mrs.Gold I am fine. How are you?" I asked her back.

"Mrs.Gold makes me feel old I am just 50. It's just Julie" she said back laughing.

"Okay Mrs.Gold" I replied teasing her to which she playfully glared.

"Can we come inside over there?" I asked her.

"Yes of course dear come on" she said and opened the door.

"Julie this is Maya. Maya this is Julie she is the one who runs this place" I introduced them.

"Hi" Maya said to which "Hi dear! You can call me Julie unlike someone who doesn't here" she said pointing at me.

"So is she your girlfriend? At last you have someone. I thought you will end up with a cat someday like a granny" she said.

"Yes she is and I am a man Julie so I won't be a granny with a cat even if I am single" I said to her.

"Julie I need a favour from you and Mark" I said pointing to Maya "she likes this place, so irrespective of time can you welcome her here whenever she needs a place"

"It's okay even if there is no food, I just want to hangout whenever I can" Maya added.

"Of course dear you are welcome always at any time" Julie said to Maya.

"Thank you so much Julie" Maya said hugging her.

"I will let Mark know when he comes back" Julie said.

Just then we heard Kerry calling for Maya so she excused herself from there.

"Julie her bill is on me I will pay it every month just let her be" I said now looking the direction where Maya is at.