11.♡︎ THE PAST ♡︎

𝙿𝚎𝚑𝚕𝚎 𝚔𝚢𝚞𝚗 𝚗𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚞𝚖
𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊 𝚑𝚒 𝚔𝚢𝚞𝚗 𝚓𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚖...
𝙼𝚒𝚕𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚔𝚊𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚑𝚞𝚢𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗..
𝚢𝚊𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊 𝚋𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚖.....

KABIR:

"I have got this attack once before. It was after Advait's death. Advait and I met at coaching centre in 11th standard. You know we were teenagers.... Actually we saw each other during our classes.. We didn't talk with each other , it was just stealing glances...."

She said smiling reminiscing the memories. It seems like she went into those old days. I am thankful to her that she trusted me with her past.

"Until one day he was absent for few classes. You know that day I realised that how much I used to steal glances at him." She chuckled.

" Then next day when he came back, after our class he talked with me for the first time asking me the notes. Then we started to talk, we used to group study at our homes. After so many years , I felt attached with someone , he felt like home. There were late night movie dates , our 40 rupees momo dates, late night bike rides. It was after six months we exchanged our "I LOVE YOU'S" though it was not needed. We were in love with each other without each other's awareness. After that we both got selected for Medical. He ranked better than me and got a college in Bangalore. I got my college in Delhi. I cried a lot knowing that he will leave Delhi and we have to be in a long distance relationship. But one fine day I see him entering my college. When I ask him what happened he told me , " Tujhse dur nahi reh Sakta Naina... Tu or main ek hi college mein padhenge.... Or eksath Doctor banenge.." (I cannot stay away from you Naina.. You and I will study in the same college and we will become doctors together)...."

She said and then stopped. It seemed like I was witnessing their love story relieving their story.

" Everything was fine.. Everything was going good.. Those four years was bliss...It was during our final year. We decided that we will move out in Mumbai during our residency.. One fine day we were in my room preparing for our final year exams which were starting from next week. Suddenly I saw blood running from his nose.. On Asking him he ignored saying due to tension and exam stress. While figuring out the possibilities that what could have happened to him, he fainted.."

She took a deep breath.... Closing her eyes a tear drop fell from her eyes. She rubbed it immediately... and looked away.

I took her hands in mine rubbing it with my hands. " You don't have to say..... " I told her... It must be so painful for her. I can figure out by now that something bad happened to him.

She looked at our entwined hands at first then at me. I nodded. "I want to..... Next day we found out that....... He...... He has leukemia... a terminal one....... He has only 4 months .... With him...."

There was complete silence..... I don't know what to say... I just got up from the stool and hugged her. She was sitting on the bed. She wrapped her hands around my torso. She held my shirt in her tiny fist. I could feel my shirt getting wet. Few tear drops escaped my eyes. She hugged me like her life depended on me.

After calming down she looked at me and chuckled in her groggy voice and said ,

"Hey!! Why are you crying !" ........

" Its nothing" I say and turned to move away when she held my wrist...

" Come on !! Tell me !" she said....