The End

Leo was walking the beach muttering under his breath. His latest prototype of an animatronic pegasus had, once again, taken off into the sky, short-circuited, and then crashed to the ground in a ball of smoke. The crash landings have been getting farther away though so that must mean he was close to getting it to work.

He cursed under his breath and walked to the docks. There was a chance that it crashed into the water, but normally the nymphs always chucked it at his head as soon as he came into view. They hadn't done that yet so Leo was hopeful.

He ducked under the wooden planks right as he heard his name being called. He froze and glanced around, not seeing what had called to him. It wouldn't be a nymph, right? Typically they don't warn him before throwing things.

Farther down the beach, Jason was shaking his head, scanning up and down for someone. He called again.

"Leo!"

Nyssa had said that Leo went down to the water. For what, the blonde wasn't sure, but what he did know was that they needed to talk. 

'Where could he be?' he wondered as he continued down the sandy dunes.

"Leo!" 

By the fourth call, Leo had spotted Jason, his heart sinking slowly into his stomach as he approached. He wanted to hide back under the docks, but it was too late.

"Jason? What are you doing here?" Leo asked. 

'More importantly, you're talking to me again?' he didn't say it, though he had every right to. He should be pissed. After a week of never seeing the blonde superman, all of the sudden he was seeking me out? Ridiculous. Yet Leo couldn't find it in him to be angry. He only felt awkward and a strange sense of loss.

"I was looking for you," Jason stated the obvious as he came to stand in front of the other.

"I never would have guessed," Leo said sardonically, keeping his eyes away from meeting Jason's.

"What?"

"Nothing. Do you need something?"

"I need to talk to you."

"You already are," Leo rolled his eyes sarcastically. 

There was silence. As if Jason couldn't believe Leo was acting like this or maybe he was mad now. Short replies and sarcasm aren't the best ways to end a conversation, but if you lay it on thick enough, it just might do the trick. 

Leo looked at the other boy just as he lunged forward. Leo tried to quickly dodge, but Jason had already caught onto his hand and, with a tug, sent the shorter boy tumbling into his arms. Leo struggled to get out, only to have the muscles tighten around him, locking him against the firm chest he had often used as a pillow just weeks ago.

"W-what are you doing! Let me go!!" the Latino yelled as he still tried to squirm away, though there wasn't much of a point anymore. Well, unless he was trying to get squished more into the other. 

"I get that I was a douche. You can rail on me about that later, but can we please talk instead of you completely stonewalling me?" 

Leo stopped as he was squeezed tighter, this time as a hug. He could feel Jason's breath ruffling his hair causing something inside him to slowly melt. 

"Damn," he mumbled, silently cursing whatever god or goddess that made being in Jason's arms feel so perfect.

Jason slowly let go of the small Latino who refused to look at him. "I'm sorry for hiding. It was a really dick move. I won't ever do it again... I'm really sorry."