New home

She had saved some money, but not enough for her own apartment. So she was happy with her own room, in a nice house, in a little London neighbourhood. She was a bit worried, because rent was ridiculously low, and she didn't know, what to expect. She found the ad in the newspaper - we offer a room for rent, for a yound lady - she's not a lady, but she'll try. Her fears passed, when she first looked at her new home. She was standing on the sidewalk on a long street in front of a beautiful house. White, two-storey with brown roof. Large white windows and red door, with gold number five. In front of the house, grew small green trees and colorfull flowerbeds. All the houses on the street looked the same and everything she saw reassuring. The complete opposite of how she lived in the orphanage. No noise, no brooken windows, no stupid graffiti. Also the weather here was better. The sun warmed her pleasantly, and the warm gentle wind caressed her face. In the orphanage she felt, like was raining every day. She just stood there for a moment and looked around. She couldn't believe, that her dreams would finally come true, and that it would be right here. She wanted this house, to be her new home. She knocked on the door. About fifty years old woman opened the door. She had tangled red hair and big blue eyes. She had a few wrinkles on her face and a smile as sweet as Melinda's.

'' Good Morning, I'm Melinda we were on the phone together'' she said a little embarrassed, because she didn't know, what was expected of her.

'' Hi Melinda I'm Mrs. Benson'' Mrs. Benson kissed on both cheeks and hugged her tightly.

They entered the hall. On the floor, there were four large wooden flower pots with big green leaves growing out of them. The walls were painted yellow and there was a long green curtain on a small window. The first impression was poor, but at least the dark wooden floor was to her liking. In the living room, there were two big brown sofas a low coffee table, two big chests of drawers and a red cutlery. Really big TV and a red fireplace. There was a dark green carpet on the floor and the walls were painted light brown. A large window overlooked the street, where she had been standing a moment ago. That hallway, doesn't seem to belong to this house, she thought. Next room was a kitchen. White and small, with window overlooking the garden behind the house. In the centre stood a wooden round table with four wooden chairs. On the floor dark green linoleum, with a floral pattern. She tried to look nice and smile, so as not to show, that Mrs. Benson's taste was lousy. She could't complain. Compared to when she lived in the orphanage, this house was a beautiful castle. No mold, no cracked walls. Everything was clean and fragnant. They returned to the living room from wich they went into a small corridor. They stood between two doors.

'' This is my son's Mark room. He's in the gym now, and it's just the two of us in this house. His father died last year'' she said sadly and looked at the ground for a moment.

'' He turned twenty-two a few days ago!'' she said loudly, trying to look happy again.

The room had a wardrobe, big bed and desk. An expensive laptop was placed on the desk. Everything was tuned in dark blue, only the walls were white. It was small, cosy room and it was quite tidy for a guy.

'' And this, will be your room. It belonged to my daughter, but she now lives in Ireland'' she said and smiled at Melinda.

Her stomach was knotted, and she got nervous. Her eyes lit up, when she walked into the room. White walls, yellow carpet, large white wardrobe with mirror, large bed with yellow bedding and small white desk. And the best thing about this room, was the door that led to her own bathroom. The bathroom was also white and clean and smelled so good. On the second floor was Mrs. Benson room, another bathroom and room full of boxes. Melinda didn't listen at all, what Mrs. Benson was saying to her,all she could thing about, was her beautifull new room. She was decided, and she couldn't wait to move here. After a tour of the house, they drank tea and talked. Melinda was conviced, that everything would be, as she dreamed. Mrs. Benson escorted her to a bus stop near the house and Melinda returned to the orphanage. She immediately packed all her belongings in a pink suitcase she bought in the mall where she worked. It didn't take long, She owned only few pieces of clothing, cosmetics and a cell phone. For the last time she slept in her old bed and thought about, all she had experienced in the orphanage. About her life... and she couldn't believe, how lucky she is, to be able to escape from here. She mentioned the battles, the chases, she thought off all the friends and enemies she had here, the kids minders, wich she will not miss at all, and that she will never have to come back here again. She starts a new life and gets everything she want. She finally fell asleep, thinking about her new room. She woke up early in the morning, put on a a dark blue jeans and black t-shirt. She washed her face in the communal bathroom for everyone who lived in the orphanage and thought about taking a hot shower in her own bathroom tonight. She ran down the stairs to the ground floor, where the dinnig room was to eat breakfast. She ate two baked toast and said goodbye to her friends. Her three best friends Robi, Bobi and Emily escorted her to the bus stop. All four grew up in the orphanage from birth. In high school there was a short romance between Melinda and Robi, but when she decided follow her dream, she ended it. Her friends choose the  way of wasted life. But they don't care, they had no dreams.  She loaded her suitcase into the bus and sat in the window seat. The bus moved and after a while, they passed the orphanage. She couldn't take her eyes off it. A tear came out of her eye. It was a tear of sadness and happiness.  Happiness because she is leaving for better life and sadness, because she will probably nerver again see her best friends. Maybe, only if she will come to visit them to the jail, she thought when she remembered their plan to buy a gun. She caled Mrs. Benson, that she was on the way home, took a deep breath, leaned back in her seat, and allowed herself be led away. Raindrops began to fall on the roof. She always imagined how she's leaving, but never thought would be sad. Anyway it was her only home. But longer the way took, less sad she was. And at the bus stop, she was totaly happy. It stopped raining and from behind the clouds, sun came out.