Old Friends

It was even better than driving the Amber's SUV. She was enjoying it, and Max liked that. They had fun on how they stole the boat and who got drunk. 

''Want to see where I grew up? I'll show you the place where I was arrested for defacing public property'' said Melinda and laughed

''Okay, let's go'' he said and laughed too

They slowly walked through the whole neighborhood where she grew up and Melinda commented on everything they saw. Suddenly she stopped on the side of the road. 

''Well, shit, that's not possible. Stay in the car.'' she said and got out

She went straight to the three people standing on the sidewalk. Max opened the window and stared at her. He was surprised and a little offended that she left him sitting in the car alone.

''Hey jerks !''she exclaimed, and they greeted her with the same friendly greeting that is due 

She high-fived and hugged the first guy standing there. With the girl she hugged for a long time and than hugged the last guy and he squeezed her ass and kissed her on the cheek. Max opened his mouth and something stirred inside him, he didn't want some guy grabbing her ass. Max was jealous and couldn't just sit there and watch. He got out of the car and walked over to them and stood between her and the guy grabbing her ass. Melinda smiled at him. 

''Folks this is Max, Max this is Bobi, Emily and Robi.''

Robi was the guy who grabbed her ass, looking dangerous and scanning Max with his gaze. Neither of them recognized Max.

''You haven't been here for so long''said Emily

''I'm busy''she said, looking guilty

'' You look like one of those London cocky ladies who used to come to the orphanage to look us over. But neither of us was good enough for them.'' He said ironically, nodding his shoulders

Melinda and Robi pierced each other with a look. The atmosphere was tense. She wanted to say something to him, but Emily butted in.

''You have a beautiful dress''  But it didn't help loosen the atmosphere.

''I was at a party''

''You must make a lot of money to have a car like that'' said Bobi

''It's not mine, it's Max's''

''He may have a nice car, but I have a nice gun'' said Robi and pulled a gun from behind his back. He pointed it at Max first, then turned it on himself and handed it to him.

''You want to hold it?'' he asked him

Max reached out his hand, but Melinda stopped him, her hand holding his.

''None of us will give you fingerprints Robi'' she said amusedly, and everyone but Max laughed. The atmosphere relaxed again.

''It was worth a try'' said Robi

''I haven't been away from here long enough to forget how things work around here''

''You've been gone longer than you think'' Robi said, looking at her reproachfully

''I hope you're not going to do something stupid. With that gun''

'' Maybe, yes '' said Robi

Melinda looked at Emily and she rolled her eyes.

''If you need help, I can.... but Robi butted in

''We don't need your help. You've left here, you don't belong to us anymore.''he said, wildly waving the hand in which he held the gun.

''You're right, it's your business, do what you want, gunslinger''

''We should probably go. Otherwise you two will fight'' said Bobi and they laughed

She hugged everyone again and went back to the car with Max.

''I can't believe you wanted to grab that gun'' she said and laughed

''You wouldn't survive a single day here'' she said dramatically

''But you would have protected me'' Max said, laughing.

''Shouldn't a guy protect a girl?''

''Speaking of which, that Robi, was there anything between you and him?''

''We dated for a while in high school, but it was nothing serious''

''Are you sure? He acted like he wanted to kill me for being with you.''

Melinda laughed, a police car drove past them and in a moment they were out of the area. It was a long drive and Melinda thought about her old friends the whole time. She thought how lucky she was to get out of that cursed place. While they roam the nights with gun, she drives a luxury sports car and Max Wild sits next to her.

''Well, I'm home. Will you walk me to the door?''

''Amber must pay you well to afford such a big house.'' Max said as they walked to the door.

''This house belongs to my friend Mark, I only have a rented room here''

''Is it just the two of you living here? Together?''

''Yes..''

''You and him... are you together?'' hi asked, jelous again

''No, no, it's just my friend. Although, he does love me... but whatever'' she said and laughed nervously.

''There's nothing between us'' She said resolutely

''How is it that everywhere you appear, someone loves you?''

''I guess I'm adorable...''

''Yes, yes you are...''

They stood at the door looking into each other's eyes. The sun was already rising and shining on them from across the street. Sparks flew between them and the tension could be cut.

''Okay, bye.'' Said suddenly Max turned around and wanted to leave

''You're not even kissing me?'' she asked louder than she wanted to

Max stoped, after a moment he turned back to her and stood as close to her as he could. She held her breath.

'' You said this isn't a date'' he said in his deep voice, put his hands in his pockets and licked his lips

''I changed my mind.'' 

She grabbed his tie and wrapped it around her finger and pulled him close. She gazed into his eyes and kissed him passionately. Max grabbed her ass and stuck his tongue in her mouth. They kissed for a while, then exchanged a few more lazy kisses and smiled at each other. 

''Have a sweet dreams'' said Max

''Sweet dreams, Max '' she said, walking into the house and closing the door behind her.

Leaning back against the door, she closed her eyes and bit her lip. She'd never been so happy.