Chapter 2

It's been about a month since I've met Michael.

It's seems as if I've known him for years because we've grown so close.

Though, he rarely ever talks.

I know nothing about him and he knows lots about me.

I told him about my fathers death, though, I skipped over the part where my mother hated me for mourning him.

Michael has never met my parents, and I prefer to keep it that way.

Though, I've met his and they're the sweetest.

September, 1963

I was woken up this morning by my alarm clock.
Weird, I expected to have woken up to screaming. 

I walked down stairs and looked around.

No one was there.

Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

My parents were probably drunk in a bar somewhere and would be back by the time I was out of school.

I grabbed a bowl and poured both cereal and milk in into it.

With a smile on my face I placed some cereal in my mouth.

My smile quickly faded away.

The milk had gone bad. 

Just my luck.

I walked back upstairs and changed into my school clothes.

I grabbed my backpack and walked back downstairs.

The walk to school was just like all the others. 

Nothing special happened.

The only good part of school was being away from my parents and being closer to Michael.

He was really all that I had.

By the time I had gotten to school the bell rang. I didn't get to eat any breakfast so that meant I was just going to have to wait for lunch. I walked into my classroom and saw Michael. A smile appeared on my face and I waved at him. He only stared and motioned for me to sit. I took my seat while my teacher took attendance.

I always looked forward to attendance.
More so when Michaels name was called. 

Michael spoke more in class then he did outside.
Though, that's not saying much.

"Michael Myers?" our teacher asked.

"Here." 

Still, it was nice to hear his voice, even if it was only for a second. 

"Y/n L/n?" 

"Here." I replied.

"You're late again." 

"Sorry." I looked down and hoped she would move on to the next person. 

"Don't let it happen again, hon."

Once she was done taking attendance she took out a few posters and a list.

"Alright, kids! Today we're going to work on group projects! I'm going to send you off in groups of five and then I'll explain everything else. How does that sound?"

Some students let out a happy yell and others smiled.

"Alright, group one is going to be Mary Lee, Michael Myers, Christopher Smith, Melissa Walker, and Y/n L/n." 

She named the other three groups and everyone split up into groups. 

"Now that we've got that out of the way I'll explain what we're doing! I'm going to hand out some poster paper to each group."