Questions For The Alpha King

Sophia's POV

After me and Xander finished Breakfast he decided to show me around the pack just so i would semi know my way around the pack. 

As we are wrapping up the tour, We run into Raya on her daily run. 

“Hey guys” Raya squealed, waving her hands frantically running towards us.

I smile, She has such a great energy to her and she's always so happy.

“Hey” Me and Xander say at the same time then look at eachother and giggle.

“Xander, it's such a beautiful day today. Maybe I can take Sophia up to the lake later so we can swim and get to know eachother better? If that's okay with you Mr. Big bad alpha” she says putting her lips together in a pout.

“I'll think about it” He tells her rolling his eyes smiling while pulling me away from her

She pouts “But I want to spend time with her too, You can't keep her for yourself” She huffs

“Shhhhhh” He says to her walking faster taking me into the woods.

I giggle. They act like siblings and it's great. Xander always looks at me with some sort of emotion every time I giggle or smile, I can't put my finger on what it is though.

Xander takes me into this gorgeous clearing in the woods. It has a ton of flowers and stuff. I absolutely love being outside. I haven't been outside in so long. I smile looking at the flowers taking it all in. The view is just immaculate. 

“I figured this could be the place we could talk, Is that okay?” He smiles gently at me.

“Of course it's absolutely breathtaking here” I smile, touching some of the daisies that are growing.

“You can ask me anything you want to know dear” He says sitting down in the small clearing surrounded by flowers.

“Where is your dad?” I ask, twiddling my fingers. He looks at me confused.

“He died a while ago, I thought you would know more about my family. They teach these things in school. Since my family has been royals for a long while.” he says with a sad smile.

“I was never allowed in school, I didn't even know there was an Alpha king until Alpha Atlas told me you were coming to my old pack.” I state sadly.

“That's okay, I can teach you things.” He says, patting the ground next to him. I walk over and sit down next to him. 

“Why does everyone jokingly call you a big bad alpha” I ask

“Oh, That should-” He pauses

“Uh that should be a story for another time dear. It’s a long story and I don't want to scare you away just yet.” he brushes the hair out of my face.

“Oh, okay. That's fine. What's your favorite color” I smile

“That's easy, you know the color of the sky when it starts to storm? That color is my favorite, Apart from your eyes. What is your wolf’s eye color? I'm sure it's just as gorgeous” he says with a cheeky smile. 

I blush slightly. 

“Her eyes are emerald, speaking of her, Would you know why my wolf has disappeared?” I ask sadly

“That would be a question for the pack doctor. It could just be as simple as trauma or she's taking time to fully heal herself. I can take you there later if you would like” He says with concern in his voice. 

“I-Im scared of doctors” I say softly looking down at the ground

“That's okay, We can go one day once we build up your trust with my pack, Everyone will treat you with respect and no one will hurt you” He smiles.

I nod and sigh. “Does your wolf have red eyes? I see your eyes flash from blue to red and was just curious” 

“Yeah, that's my wolf!” He says proudly.

I giggle. “May I ask why you're afraid of doctors” He asks 

I sigh “ My pack doctor wouldn't take care of me ever. Everytime i would go he would just tell me its because I'm overweight or something of the matter. I don't trust doctors”

“My doctor would take the best care of you” He says caressing my hand gently

“May I ask why you have this pack when you're the alpha king. Aren't all packs technically yours?”

He chuckles loudly “This is the Royal pack, They serve to protect the kingdom, we live just on the outside of the kingdom as an added protection layer. But there are so many more wolves in the kingdom” He smiles “But yes darling all packs are technically mine”

I smile and lean into him just a tad.

My brain doesn't have any more questions at the moment and I want to know so much I just don't know the right questions to ask. Everytime he says I'm safe and I'm not going to get hurt my stomach flips. I want to trust his words, But I have such a difficult problem trusting people. Xander's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

“Let's head back to the house and get some lunch. We have been out here for a while.” He smiles standing up.

I smile and stand up too as my stomach starts to growl. I giggle and slowly start walking. Xander grabs my hand and we walk back to the house hand in hand.