Chapter 8

My muscles start to relax as the hot water runs over my body.

Pierson has a lot of choices for body washes. I grab the lavender scented one and squeeze some into my hand.

He only has one bottle of shampoo and one of conditioner. I miss my over-the-top scented shampoo and body wash.

I miss my shower and my apartment.

I get out of the shower and walk over the closet to grab one of the neatly folded white towels. I wrap it around my body and sit on the bathmat in front of the shower. I rest my chin on my knees and let my tears fall.

The tears are hot on my cheeks and I try to keep my breathing under control so Pierson doesn't hear me.

I grab a tissue to blow my nose and then look the drawers under the sink. He actually has a wet brush? I run it through my hair and dig around some more.

There is a pink basket under his sink.

I grab it and set it on the counter.

There is a variety of brand-new beauty products, feminine hygiene products, and a new toothbrush.

I found some leave in conditioner and sprayed it in my hair. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked in the mirror. Since I don't have my straighter, I will have to wear my hair natural and wavy tomorrow.

I opened the packaged toothbrush and found some toothpaste in the drawer. I brushed my teeth and then added chapstick to my lips.

I found some moisturizer and applied it to my face. I laughed a little. This is like a hotel stay, not at all what I trained for.

I walked over to the door and listened for a moment. I can faintly hear Pierson downstairs in the kitchen. I opened the door, grabbed the pile of clothes and shut and locked in again.

There was a variety of options.

From sweatpants to shorts and tee-shirts and tank tops.

They all had price tags on them, they were all new.

I grabbed the pair of black shorts and underneath was a variety of underwear options. I took the tags off of a black pair and slipped them on. Then I slipped the shorts on. I grabbed my sports bra from earlier and slipped it back on. I then settled on a gray tank top.

If Pierson makes me sleep in a small space tonight, this will help me stay cool.

I put the rest of the clothes on the sink in a pile and I put my leggings and sweatshirt in the hamper that is in the closet.

I unlock the door and open it. I stood in the doorway for a moment. It smells like Pierson made tacos. I walk to his office door and try to open it but it's locked.

I then walk to his bedroom door and to my surprise it opens. I walk in and take in the scene in front of me.

There was a large bed with ivory bedspread. Two nightstands on either side of his bed. There is a window in here. I walk over and look down. It's possible to access the roof from the window, but it's pretty high up. It's also at a slant, making it harder to crawl to the edge. Across from the bed are two closet doors. Then on the wall opposite from the window is a large mirror and dresser.

I walk out of the room and back down the stairs.

Pierson is scooping taco meat onto a tortilla.

He pauses when he looks up to see me standing there. His eyes slowly move from my face and down my body. I cross my arms over my chest in an attempt to not feel so exposed.