4.10 Trick of the Light

WARNING: Disturbing content, non-con

As I slow-danced with Cassius on the dance floor, I found myself gradually becoming tired. "Hey, could we take a break for a second?" I spoke up loudly as I tried to make my voice heard from the deafening music and insistent chattering.

Cassius smiled at me as he led us toward the fruit punch bowl. "Want a drink?" He asked as he took hold of the spoon.

"Sure," I replied as I turned to take my crystal mask off for a second to pinch my nose. I never realised until now that I don't do good in large gatherings like this. It's quite... overwhelming.

As Cassius handed me my drink, I quickly put my mask back on as we linked arms once more. I had hoped a drink might help, but I still felt quite uneasy. Once it became too unbearable, I looked up at Cassius with a pained expression.

"Hey Cassius, I actually don't feel too good." I gripped my forehead in pain. "I think I need to sit down."

"Ah, I'll escort you back to my dorm to rest then!" Cassius suggested merrily as he led me towards the main doors.

But before I could even protest, we were already inside his room. Hah? I feel like I blacked out on the way here. I don't even remember how I got here...

As Cassius sat me down on his large king-sized bed, he tenderly stroked the side of my face. "How are you feeling now?"

Just as I caught myself starting to lose consciousness, Cassius slowly leaned in close to my face. Seriously? Now is not the time to try and kiss me!

On impulse, I slapped Cassius' face out of irritation. But I wasn't prepared for what came next. I was nearly blinded by a bright white light. So, to take cover, I raised my hands up as I turned my head away. Once it was gone, I took my mask off and slowly re-shifted my gaze back towards him and gasped in shock.

"Oliver?" I mumbled as I stumbled to my feet, slowly backing away from him.

Did he really try to disguise himself as Cassius with his magic? Seriously dude, take a hint. I'm not interested!!!

As I tried to create as much distance between us as possible, my back ended up colliding with a nearby table. Turning around, I discovered that even the room itself had changed. The elegant and lavish bedroom I had once stepped foot inside of was no more. All that remained was... a den fit for a stalker.

I felt my blood run cold as I was horrified by the walls that were covered in countless photographs of me from top to bottom. Worst of all, there was even a framed hand-painted portrait of me asleep hanging in the centre of the room.

Creepy! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I saw several belongings of mine lying on what could only be called a shrine. I didn't even realise I was missing some jewellery and underwear until now!

But by far, the worse thing was the items that were lying on the shrine itself. From gum to tissues and even dental floss, he went out of his way to steal anything I had ever touched! This was beyond creepy and gross!!!

"Is it too soon? I didn't plan on you seeing my real room just yet." Oliver said in an almost purring voice as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

ACK! Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross!!! I needed to get away from this man right now! But just as I tried to break free from his hold, his grip on me tightened like a snake strangling its prey.

"Ah, ah, ah! Where do you think you're going?" Oliver whispered in my ear before cheekily blowing air inside it. "You feel sick, right? So let me take care of you."

This guy!!! "Y-You're probably responsible for that!" I angrily spat as I tried once more to resist. But alas, I felt myself gradually start to go limp in his arms.

"You really are a fighter, huh." Oliver tried to play things off teasingly, but it was clear that he was growing irritated by my continued resistance. "I guess we'll need to do this the hard way then." He said in a dark and sinister voice.

A beam of light suddenly started to shine brightly from his hands. Before I could even comprehend what he was doing, my arms were bound tightly with a rope along with my mouth having been closed shut tight with tape.

"NNGH!" I groaned in a muffled voice. Upon seeing how I was completely helpless, Oliver smirked cockily as he lifted me up into his arms.

Just as I was dreading what would come next, we were interrupted by the sound of loud knocking on the door. Oh, thank god! Someone, please save me right now!

"Go away!" Oliver angrily yelled at the person behind the door. Yet, the knocking didn't cease.

With no other choice, Oliver opened up his wardrobe and placed me inside. "Don't make a sound, or else." He warned me in a low and threatening voice.

Once I was enclosed in the darkness, I immediately tried to untie the rope bindings. But alas, they were reinforced with his light magic. So there's no way I can get this off on my own!

As Oliver slowly opened the door, everything went quiet as it was slammed wide open with the force of a wild hurricane. Even though I couldn't see what was happening outside, I think I could make a safe assumption.

From the sounds of it, items were being thrown around and smashed to pieces. It was likely that Oliver was fighting with this unknown figure. "You really are a nuisance, you know that?" Oliver stated coldly as glass shattering could be heard next.

"If you give Vana to me, I'll pull some strings so that everyone doesn't hate you anymore. What do you say?" He continued.

Another slam against a wall could be heard. The force was so strong that I even hit my head against the side of the wardrobe clumsily. Sensing that someone was inside the wardrobe, it wasn't long until the door itself was ripped off its hinges.

"Vana?" Cassius said in a hurt voice as he looked at me in worry.

Upon closer inspection, Cassius' eyes were starting to glow blood red as the rage grew on his face. Oh no, this can't be good!