Chapter Forty Six.

Hailey's POV

A soft click instantly wakes me up from my nap and I'm turning to look towards the door to find my boyfriend attempting to sneak in.

"I'm sorry, I tried being as quiet as I can," he says, a small sad smile on his face, which is clearly forced, clearly fake.

I hate that he's not okay, I hate that he's holding onto so much guilt and pain, I just want to get out of here already so we can move past all this already.

I shake my head, "how'd it go?" I asked, attempting to stretch out my body and instantly regret it as pain begins to run up the side of my body.

"It didn't," he answers as he steps deeper into the room. He walks up to the bed and is leaning down to place a kiss on my lips and my insides are instantly turning into mush as my body begins to turn warm and fuzzy.

The kiss is short but sweet and I'm a bit sad that he's pulling away so quickly, "how are you holding up?" He asked, his voice soft and low.

"I'm okay," I nod. "What do you mean it didn't, what happened?"

"My dad," he answers dryly as he pulls the chair up closer to the bed. "I brought you some things," he adds while placing a black backpack on his lap and is instantly unzipping it.

"What did he do?"

"I brought your kindle," he says as he pulls out my little black electronic book, "incase I start to bore you," he jokes.

"Babe-"

"I also brought the iPad and your Airpods so you can stop watching the lousy hospital tv."

"Isaac, stop pulling shit out of your bag and please talk to me dammit."

He immediately stops and looks over at me and shrugs his shoulders when I notice that his knuckles are extremely bruised and cut up as he hangs onto the things in his hands.

"He's taking care of it instead," he mutters. "Have they brought you anything to eat yet, are you hungry?"

I shake my head, "I'm not hungry," I say and lay my hand out in front of him.

Isaac shoves the things back into his backpack and is setting it on the ground, reaching for my hand a second later.

I gave his hand a soft squeeze, "maybe your dad handling it instead is the best thing to do baby, you have so much weighing on you right now you don't need this, we'll find some other way for you to cope."

He squeezes my hand in return, "I'm fine."

I begin to shake my head a second time and scoff softly, "I know you better than anyone else, Antonio, you can't lie to me, you're far from fine."

"Don't worry about me, worry about getting better so I can take you home," he says softly, placing a kiss on the back of my hand. "I'll be better when you're better."

"We're passed this, Isaac, you not talking to me, to anyone, avoiding how you feel- you've worked so hard to just shove everything down, baby. You can allow yourself to feel this, babe, you know that I'm here for you."

"And you're here because of me," he says, releasing my hand.

"Isaac-"

"You don't understand, Hail."

"Then help me understand, talk to me."

"It's literally tearing me up inside that I had to just sit there and watch that asshole torture you because I couldn't do a damn thing," he exclaims, tapping his hands on his chest as he speaks. "I don't want to talk about the way I feel, I don't want to talk about how helpless I felt, I want to kill someone, I want to kill him, I want to kill Ric, Cris, I want to hurt everyone and anyone that kept me in the fucking dark. I want to fucking strangle Metcalf, Sax for not knowing better, for dragging you out of the house knowing damn well that we were at war!" he shouts, shooting out of the chair.