Chapter Ten.

Hailey's POV

Dinner goes by like a breeze after we make it back downstairs and take our seats. Angela was definitely right about this dinner being Milo's imitation back into the family.

Mr. Matteo gave this big speech before we ate on Milo's behalf, talking about some major priorities in his business, careful to censor certain things due to people like me, and children being around.

It was honestly amazing to see so many people look up to one guy alone, admiring him and what he's built, while also fearing him at the same time.

Isaac told me a while back that just because his dad liked you it didn't mean anything, Patrick and his family being a prime example. Although the family has been with Mr. Matteo for years now, Carmelo didn't hesitate once to cut off all ties.

Mr. Matteo actually spoke about plenty of things during his toast, the main one that mattered though, the big one that stood out and hit home was loyalty.

Everyone was already quiet when Mr. Matteo was speaking, but the second the L word got brought up everyone seem to get uncomfortably quiet. Isaac said  that it had a lot to do with Patrick and his family, apparently it's still a touchy subject and Mr. Matteo has gotten stricter on some of the families since then. He wasn't the only one suffering his fathers wrath.

I wouldn't even begin to know what to do with my life if my dad forbid me to speak or see Carmen, my heart would probably shatter into a million tiny pieces, she was my rock, she's the one who held me together when everything was coming down on me, and then I met Isaac and he gave me a new type of confidence.

A lot of people seem to hang around the house even after was dinner was over, most of the guys, meaning Isaac's friends and cousin's hung out in his pool house, where the big flat screen tv, pool table and bar was. Angela of course dragged me back up stairs into Isaac room and began to work wonders on me.

The tops she had brought over for me to wear were absolutely stunning, they definitely had her name written all over them, not literally though, they were just her type of clothing.

In the long run I ended up choosing a long, dark red, flowy off the shoulder blouse. Luckily for me I had a couple of clothes that I left here at Isaac's house over the summer and ended up changing my blue jeans for some black ripped ones at the knee's to really make the shirt stand out. I wanted to wear some cute flat sandals but Angela had other things in mind and I was now on my way to the bar in some black heel wedges.

Angela on the other hand really out did herself, I for sure thought that Dion was gonna have her head when he seen her outfit, but if anything he nearly undressed her right there and then. The chemistry that those two had was sickening from time to time, a little too much sometimes, they were definitely better off as a couple rather than just best friends. They were literally the cutest couple I'd ever seen. Angela wore a little black dress with some over the knee heel black boots, and man did she look fierce in it.

I was currently sitting in Isaac's car as we drove into town, to the bar where we were all gonna meet at, as his right hand clinged onto my left one as he drove. He's been extremely affectionate ever since dinner finished and I found it a tad bit fishy, my boyfriend was affectionate, but not this much, and definitely not around his friends, Isaac really didn't care for PDA, the most he did was hold my hand and snuck a kiss in here and there.

"What's up with you tonight?" I asked with a smile.

Isaac smiles in return, a very slight frown on his face, "what do you mean?"

"I don't know," I mumble. "You're too much of in a good mood."

"My happiness makes you suspicious?" He chuckles as we come to a stop. We were driving right behind Angela and Dion.