XVII. Halloween Party, Again

Chapter 17, Halloween Party, Again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Best costume choice I've had in my entire sixteen years of living, it's about to be seventeen next month. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

     Okay, where did we leave off?
Oh yeah, I'm in my room and I just took out my costume which will look amazing on me by the way.

   Anyways, after I placed all of my essentials that I would need, I hopped in the shower and made sure I shaved and exfoliated.
   It may seem like I did this everyday but I didn't, I actually wait for my hair to grow back and I don't exfoliate everyday.

   Many people make it seem like I do but I'm not Cassie, I actually want my skin to look healthy and natural without all that extra stuff.
  Even though I have everything that she used in the episode in a box labeled 'Cassie 2.0' but I'm not a homewrecker, I wouldn't betray my best friend.

    Anyways, when I came out of the shower, I wrapped myself with a towel and walked to my room.
  I grabbed my speaker and turned it on, connecting it to my phone and then playing my Spotify playlist.

    "Still wear the shoes I did back then, I don't think they've ever been untied."

   I sang along to 'Scrawny' by Wallows, it's my comfort song which was followed by more comfort songs.
  As I put on my costume, I sang along to the lyrics even if I stumbled on some words.

  "I say the wrong crap at the right times! If I'm offending them I don't mind! Maybe they should listen to me! It isn't all about what you see!"

    I sang the lyrics but softly since my brother was two rooms down from me and my mom was trying to sleep, I finished getting dressed and grabbed my make up.
   As I began, I stopped and grabbed my brush, walking to my lyrics to sing the next line.

  "Question though, how do I look to you? Am I so thin that you could see through?"

  That lyric always hit different, especially with everything that I've gone through.
  I've posted tiktoks of me lip syncing to the song and then did a photo dump of me going through it, I mean if someone was gonna post about it, it was gonna be me.

    After I finished with my makeup, I saved my hair for last since I knew it was gonna be quite difficult.
   But luckily, I got it done the first try which made me feel like it wasn't gonna stay the way I wanted it to.

    When I finished with everything, I turned all of my lights off and grabbed my little Ravenclaw bookbag that I bought at the Harry Potter store in new York.
   I squealed as I walked downstairs, when I hit the last stair, my dad was finishing his decorations.

    "You looked beautiful sweetie."

     My dad said as he walked over to me and kissed my forehead, I just chuckled and hugged him tightly before saying my goodbyes and walking away.
   When I got outside, Kylee, Xiomara and Delilah were all there waiting for me.

   "Finally, girl I thought you were stuck in your closet again."

     Xiomara joked, I looked at her and we both began to laugh like maniacs.
  But Kylee and Delilah didn't get it, so I looked at them and tried my best to keep a straight face.

   "I'm not straight, the closet joke, you know?"

   Kylee and Delilah chuckled slightly, with one glance at one another, we laughed.

The Squad's Matching Costumes

     "We look hot."

  Kylee suddenly said as we began to walk to the party, I looked at her and laughed before agreeing.

   "Everyone's gonna think I'm Cho Chang."

I told them as we started to arrive to the party, Xiomara laughed and shook her head.

  "Yeah and I'm Dean."

   We chuckled like little girls and walked inside the party, the music was loud but the people were somehow louder.
   For some reason, we all found ourselves finding things to do which meant we split up.

   "Twenty points from Ravenclaw."

   A voice called out behind me, I looked back and smiled as it was just Jaden in his baseball uniform.

   "Wow, so cleverly thought out."

     I said pointing out his costume, he looked down and did a small twirl before walking over to me and kissing me softly.
   He just arrived, I could tell because his cologne was still strong and he wasn't sweaty like everyone else.

    "You look good, I'm into the costume."

I looked at him and smiled.

  "I guess, I'm into the costume as well, although you could've matched me and the girls."

   I told him, only for him to look at me like I had four heads.
  He shook his head and went on a rant on how weird it'll look if he was the only boy with the costume.

   "Oh come on Jay, you could've been the Harry to my Cho."

  Although that sounded really cringe and cheesy, Jaden just laughed and pulled my hand to the snack area.
   Everyone was dressed up like they were at the strip club or something, seriously nobody dresses their age these days, remind me of Coco Quinn.

  " Best costume choice I've had in my entire sixteen years of living, it's about to seventeen next month. "

   I spoke over the loud music and even louder laughter and chatter, Jaden smiled at me and grabbed my hand once more.
   We left the snack area and walked outside, it was much more quieter which meant I wouldn't have a raging headache later.

   "I could still be the Harry to your Cho, just imagine I was in a quidditch uniform."

    Jaden didn't really like the Harry Potter series, so I was surprised when he said that.
  I looked at him with a confused look because I didn't know that he knew what sport harry played.

   "I, kind of watched the movie in case if one day you wanted to talk about it."

   Jaden confessed sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at the ground, I smiled and hugged him tightly.
   That's literally the cutest thing anyone's ever done for me.

  He was my Harry, and I was his Cho.