XXX. I'll Love You For Infinity

Chapter 30, I'll Love You For Infinity
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " That's a lot of smack talk from a kid who got shot in the head. "

  ~ Jaden's POV ~

       "Do you think Scarlett would like shrimp for dinner?"

   Delilah asked as we walked into the supermarket, I looked at her and bit my lip.

  "She's allergic."

   I told her nonchalantly as I walked to the candy aisle, Delilah and I were going to make an appreciation box for Scarlett.
  I already made Delilah, Javon and Xiomara one since it was for graduation.

   "Wait, is she actually?"

   Delilah asked as she walked over, I looked at her and instead of responding, I took my phone out and clicked my notes app.
  I clicked the file 'Scar Stuff' and scrolled until I got to my allergy parts.

   "Yeah, she's allergic. I'm going to make her some baked chicken with garlic bread and her favorite, fries from McDonald's."

   I felt proud of myself after telling Delilah that, I grabbed Scarlett's favorite candies and then walked around the supermarket to grab the Ingredients for the dinner.
  When I finished grabbing whatever I needed, I walked to the line and waited for Delilah since the line was pretty long.

    "Took you long enough, what color box are you making for her?"

   I asked, as the line moved up and soon it was my turn.
  Delilah showed me the box color which was a nice crimson red, although I knew Scarlett's favorite color, I wasn't gonna rain on her parade.

   Soon it was my turn to pay for my things, I had all the things I needed at my house, I just needed the candy and obviously the dinner ingredients.

     When I finally got home, I walked straight upstairs and ignored everyone except Jayla who was over since she followed me upstairs.
  I explained to her what I was doing and she wanted to write a note, I didn't bother telling her no since I wanted to get this box done with.

    "Are you in love with her?"

  Jayla asked as she walked back into my room with a pack of glitter pens, Scarlett's favorite type of pen.

   "I have zero idea Jayla, do you like kissing girls?"

   It was a dumb question she asked, Jayla looked at me and laughed before throwing the pack of pens my way.

   "Which is her favorite color?"

    I looked at each and every pen carefully before grabbing the red glitter pen and handing it to her, I continued to work on the box until the sun went down.
   Once I finished the box, I slid it under my bed next to my scrap book and walked downstairs where my twin, his girlfriend, Jaysean, Xiomara and my fiance sat down on the ground.

   "Hey Jaden."

   Delilah greeted me before going back on her phone, happily I smiled her way and then sat beside my almost wife.
   Scarlett looked up from her phone and kissed me gently, I smiled at her and grabbed the remote from the couch.

   "So, prom is coming up in like three months, what color is everyone going in?"

    Xiomara asked as she turned her phone off and looked at all of us, somehow we were all in a circle so we turned our phones off and faced each other.
   I looked at Scarlett to see if there was a color she would like to wear but there was nothing in her mind, she just shrugged her shoulders and then looked right back at me as if she was hoping I had a color.

   "Jaysean and I might go in gold?"

    Xiomara questioned as she looked at her boyfriend, Jaysean nodded and kissed her cheek which made me mentally gag.

    "Javon, Delilah? Do y'all have a color that you're going to wear?"

     Scarlett asked as she took her phone and turned it on, Javon looked at his girlfriend and shrugged his shoulders.

   "Dee, I'm gonna buy you some sneakers because your dirty converses are not it."

  Javon joked, we all laughed at it including Delilah before she chuckled and looked at him.

   " That'd a lot of smack talk from a kid who got shot in the head. "

   Delilah retorted which made all of us to burst out in laughter, Scarlett laughed as well but her focus was more on her phone.
   I didn't mind it until she tapped me and showed me different colors, I looked at them carefully and then looked right back at her.

  This was for prom and I wanted to know if the color would look good on her, I didn't mind it looking bad on me.

  "You'd look amazing in light pink, would you like to go in that color?"

  I whispered back to her, she looked at me and smiled before kissing my forehead and nodding.
   There, we have our color for prom and I just know that tomorrow she's waking me up early in the morning just to take me to the mall, I'm not complaining though.

   As she laid her head on my shoulder and turned her phone off, I rested mine on top of hers and smiled.
   This was the same girl I met three years ago, fifteen year old me is shaking in his boots and shivering his timbers.

    "You do know I'm in love with you right?"

   I whispered to her when she sat up, Scarlett looked at me as her cheeks went a rosy red color.
  She smiled at me and we shared a small, quick peck.

    "I'm very much aware, are you aware that I'm in love with you?"

   Scarlett returned the question, I nodded my head and wrapped my arm around her waist.

  This is where I'm supposed to be and who I'm supposed to be with.