Chapter 5

2 Weeks Later

Sera

I walk out of class earlier today, I just didn't feel like myself. 

I was five minutes away from home when I decided to clear my mind for a second headed towards the river that was close by.  Just as I was going to sit  all the sudden I felt a pain in my spine, making me halt and collapsed to the ground bitting my lip trying to hold the scream in, until I couldn't.

I felt my bones break one by one, the crack of each one resonated in my ears, I could feel my heartbeat about to burst I felt like it would stop at any minute. My blood running hot in my veins, my skin burn as it was ripping apart. I couldn't stop it, I just screamed and screamed wanting it stop. Why does it hurt so much!

One thing happen at a time, I stop screaming, I couldn't breath, the pain was unbearable, and I closed my eyes waiting for death to come over. 

'Wake up'

hmm.

'Wake up Sera'

What? Who is that?

'Your wolf, wake up Sera its time to get up'

I slowly open my eyes and saw it was sunset already. I try to get up but immediately fell back down. My body felt different; bigger, heavier, but also powerful.

I look down at my hands and instead saw paws.

"What? I shifted?-"

'Yes you did, try to move it will help, try to get to the edge of the river'

I did as she said and in the process trip over a few times. I was out of breath by the time I was by the river. I look down and gasp when I saw my reflection.

Oh wow.

'We are beautiful aren't we?' And I could feel her smiling while she said it.

"Yes we are."

Staring back at me was a full bright red wolf, with the darkest black eyes ever. Wait Red??? There never been red wolves that impossible.

'Sera we the last descendants of the Royal Guard of the Moon Goddess, we not only beautiful but powerful'

The shock ran through my whole body before my mind could process it.

'We have a destiny Sera, we are here for a reason but first we must shift and head back before anyone sees us-until the time is right no one can know you are a red wolf ok' she said with a soft yet firm voice.

"Ok so how I shift back."

'Close your eyes and visualized yourself as a human, hands, legs, feet-Is ok take your time'

It took me a few minutes before I open my eyes back and discover I was naked; without a second thought I pick up my clothes and ran as fastest as I could back to my room. Nobody was home which was weird but my only thought was getting to my room. Once I close and lock the door I felt safe. I quickly put some clothes on and sat on my bed.

Hello?

'Yes Sera'

What's your name?

I felt her giving me a smile

'My name is Athena named after the goddess of warfare and wisdom'

Beautiful name.

'Thank you-Sera it may not be the perfect time to say this but I am will protect you. You're not alone anymore'