Chapter 9 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Courage is not living without fear. Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway." — Argo, 2012 

Word count: 1757

THE captain of the cheerleading society made me perform several tricks to prove my skills

THE captain of the cheerleading society made me perform several tricks to prove my skills. I was quite rusty and after tumbling, I started dancing to one of my old routines. We had performed the routine so much that it was forever embedded in my brain.

Chelsea was the captain's name. She was nice and very pretty. I knew she was dating someone on the football team and was studying physics.

As I was performing the dance, one of the moves involved me falling onto my knees and dancing. I didn't account for the hard and jagged flooring when I did this.

The pain was immediate.

A large gash formed on my leg. Red blood poured out of the cut and dribbled down my exposed legs. I cradled my leg and let out a painful sigh.

Chelsea rushed over to me and examined my leg. "Oh, shit. You okay?"

I managed to nod my head. "I'll take you to the nurse's office." She informed me, helping me up. I didn't even realize they had a nurse's office here.

She knocked on the door and waited for the nurse to open the door, patiently. An elderly lady came to the door. Wrinkles surrounded her eyes and she looked...sad and lost. Still, she managed to plaster a smile on her face and ushered us in.

I quickly examined the room and then dragged my green orbs back to her.

The nurse took a look at me and noticed my blood-stained legs. "Oh, dear. Let's get you cleaned up dear."

Nodding my head, I sat on the seat she gestured to. Chelsea hovered by the entrance for a moment. "Do you want me to stay, Alice?"

I shook my head and thanked her for her help.