Chapter 4 - No-one will be left behind...

Lt

Lt. Mark, P.O.V.

Its been 4 hours after the Lizardmen's attack on the town, Recon "Charlie" is still here in the town, acting as guards for another possible attack from those Lizardmen or any other monsters that are still lurking under the day.

Most of the damage from the battle has been cleared out, most of the dead bodies from both sides have been gathered up in a pile while there are some still lingered around yet to be picked up and piled.

Fires from earlier were now cleared out from the wooden walls and the buildings that got caught on fire, leaving only a charred black soot from where the fire once was. Sadly, not all buildings were saved as some were to intense to clear out and burned down to the ground, leaving only charred wood supports still emitting heat and smoke and soot-covered stone.

My guys are talking with the locals in the town, citizens to soldiers, while it's mostly intelligence gathering researching about a Human Kingdom from our North, its good to see that my soldiers are talking to locals, these talks can range from the normal daily talks you get to see from friends or talking to strangers, while there are some who are calming or soothing other locals for their losses from the fight.

While that was happening, some of my men helped with the locals by inspecting for each defenders for their valiant effort and bravery in protecting this town at the cost of their lives.

Oh, did I say the defenders, not the Lizardmen included? 

Yeah fuck them and their existence, they attacked a peaceful town with no bloodshed seen on sight for maybe years, not until now did they get to experience it.

The corpses of the defender's side were laid down in the dirt streets for burial later or tomorrow noon since we still got a lot of debris to clean up.

While I was about to leave from the walls, taking in the fresh air and beautiful landscape despite the destruction in front of me and behind, before I was interrupted when a soldier from my platoon came up to me from the stairway.

"Sir!" he exclaimed while saluting.

I saluted him back, he dropped his hand to the side, "What is it Private?" I asked.

He then handed me a picture from his pocket, which was folded for me to unfold, "Sir, you should see this," he said with a bit of anxiety for some reason.

I questioned why his tone sounded like that but I did not question it as I opened the folded picture, I unfurled it and analyze the content inside. It was gray colored but since it came from a recon drone, it should be suspected.

To my surprise and horror, the picture shows a large Lizardmen formation moving towards to the town, I looked at the Private with a stern look, "When was this taken Private?" I asked calmly as I can.

"Sir, It was taken a few minutes ago," he said to me, "The operators said that from they saw from the picture and studied the local map in this area, they suspected they will arrive in 2 hours, if not, luckily they are still far away, so they might arrive here 3 hours tops."