SIX | HELLFIRE

~March 21st, 1986

~
March 21st, 1986

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Dustin and Mike stared in confusion, seeing Juliana standing next to Eddie who was on his throne even though she made it clear that she couldn't play.

Juliana put her hand on her chest. "I'm hurt, Dusty. I come to support you and this is how you react?"

"Yes, Jules. This is how I react." Dustin said with a hint of anger. "Mike and I spent a lot of time finding a sub and you end up coming? We even brought her here!"

Juliana's face lighten up and she clapped her hands. "Ooh, an extra. That's good, the more the merrier right?"

Then Erica Sinclair stepped up from behind Dustin and Mike with an American flag attached to her neck like a cape.

Eddie eyed the little girl up and down. Judging by his face, Juliana already knew that he wasn't pleased about this.

"Absolutely not." Eddie said.

"You didn't tell us you found a sub so we brought one." Dustin tried to reason with him.

"This is Hellfire Club. Not babysitting club." Eddie responded.

"I'm eleven, you long-haired freak." Erica snapped at the older man. Juliana's eyes widened, she had forgotten that Erica was very sassy.

"My, my, the child speaks." He smirked and chuckled. He then got up from his chair, approaching the little girl. "So, what's your name, child?"

"Erica Sinclair."

Eddie laughs. "So this is Sinclair's infamous sister."

"He's sharp." She said to Dustin and Mike making Gareth and Jeff laugh. They both stopped laughing as they saw Eddie's terrifying stare.

"What's your class and level? Level one dwarf?" Eddie teased Erica, making all of his friends laugh aloud.

What in the 6th-grade roast battle is this? Juliana thought as she cringed.

"My name is Lady Applejack. And I'm a chaotic good half-elf rogue, level 14. And I will sneak behind any monster you throw my way and stab them in the back with my poison-soaked kukri. And I'll smile as I watch them die a slow, agonizing death. So, we gonna do this, or we gonna keep chitchatting like this is your mommy's book club?"

Everyone in the room except for Eddie exchanged glances, shocked by what they just witnessed. Juliana couldn't help but laugh quietly but loud enough so Eddie could know he just embarrassed himself in front of the girl he liked.