SEVENTEEN | ARE YOU SCARED?

~March 26th, 1986

~
March 26th, 1986

"NOT TO BE A WIMP BUT CAN I MAYBE SIT IN THE CAR FOR THIS VISIT?" Robin asked Nancy. "'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

It was the day after their visit to the Creel house. The gang went home, got some rest and changed clothes. They were now in Nancy's car on their way to see if Eddie was okay and give him food.

Nancy was driving as Robin was in the passenger seat. Juliana, Max and Lucas were behind them, sitting side by side and not saying a word to each other. And then there was Steve and Dustin, sitting in the back and eating junk food that was supposed to be for Eddie.

"It'll be fine." Nancy assured Robin.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't." Robin said, feeling bad for Eddie.

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve remarked with a mouthful of chips, holding up the bottles of beer.

"That's what my mom does." Max muttered.

"Why don't we just give it a trial then?" Robin suggested. " 'Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only the bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension that we told you about and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. Like, he's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're like doubly, triply screwed.' " Robin's voice started to get more aggressive at every sentence she said.

"Wait, wait, wait." Lucas stopped her. "Maybe we don't put it like that." He tried to calm her down.

" 'We're one step closer to finding Vecna.'" Nancy put Robin's terrifying explanation to a more calm one. "That's what we say. That's what's important."

Juliana didn't even bother to listen to their conversation as she was too nervous about seeing Eddie again. She was sure that he hated her after she didn't say "I love you" back to him. Looking out the window, she fidgeted with her fingers when she noticed that they were getting closer to Reefer Rick's house. Robin noticed that Juliana was awfully quiet. She looked in the rearview mirror and saw her best friend looking tense.

Normally, she would be telling Robin to calm down but she was the quietest one in the car.

"Oh, shit." Juliana snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Nancy. She looked ahead of her as the gang arrived in front of the house. There were police officers everywhere, surrounding the house. There were news reports and worried citizens as well.