Chapter 11

Alex quickly drove to Miss Rodriguez's office. Allison insisted on going with him, so he took her too. Her hand stopped bleeding thanks to his coat. The battle inside Rodriguez's Mansion's front yard was still going on, but finding Smith was more important.

When they arrived they got out of the car. The building was lit up until midnight, and it looked wonderful. But now the tall building was dark, with no light or life inside it. The cloudless dark sky helped to make it look more secluded.

Alex and Allison went inside the building through the revolving doors. Two guards lay dead on the floor, blood pouring out from their necks, which indicated they had been attacked not too long ago. "I think we're too late," said Alex, panicking.

They quickly go to Miss Rodriguez's office. The scene leaves them horrified.

Noah is tied to a chair, while Ava, Isle, and Miss Rodriguez lay on the ground with their hands and legs tied. Smith was bent over Parom, talking to him. Two other assassins were with him too. When Alex entered, his face glowed up and he spread his arms in a welcoming gesture, "Alex, my boy! What took you so long?"

Alex said through gritted teeth, "Leave them alone Smith."

"Oh, they are free to go! I just wanted to have a talk with my son," said Smith. "Oh....my son......He's so weak, and feeble, and such a coward," he continued, poking Parom here and there. "I can't let him be the heir to my hard worked wonderful business." He looked at Alex, "But you, my boy, are extraordinary. You are strong, brave, and a cold, ruthless killer, just like me. I'm so proud of all you've accomplished. You can have my money, my men, my home, everything. Just come back to me, son. We can achieve great things together."

"I-am-not-your-son," groaned Alex.

Smith got closer to Alex, "I'm willing to give you a second chance! I'm willing to give you everything that I have! Why are you refusing?"

"BECAUSE YOU RUINED MY FUCKING LIFE," Alex yelled, "You changed me into something I couldn't possibly imagine being. When I signed that contract for the job application, I was oblivious to all the terrible consequences it came with. You made me kill people, and then made my mind miserable by filling it with guilt, regret, anger, resentment, and pain. I don't want anything from you."

Smith stared at Alex without saying anything for a few minutes, then said "Okay then." He pointed his gun at Noah, "Eenie," then towards Miss Rodriguez, "Meenie," towards Isle, "Miney," and stopped his gun at Ava, "Mo."

"NO!" shouted Alex and lept on Smith. Smith's hand was tilted when he pulled the trigger and the bullet went onto the ceiling. They both dropped onto the floor. The other two assassins hurried to get Alex off Smith. But Alex managed to get his hands on Smith's gun, and he shot one of the assassins in the leg, while he kicked the other in the stomach when he got close enough.

Alex sat on top of Smith, and without stopping punched him in the face. Blood started to pour out of Smith's nose, and Alex's knuckles were bruised, but that didn't stop him from punching. All his emotions, a year's worth of anger, and rage were finally coming out. Ava was telling him to stop, but he couldn't hear her, for he was so focused on his rage. Smith was on the verge of dying, but he grinned with his blood-filled teeth wide open. Allison helped Ava to untie her hands and legs. She quickly rushed towards Alex and tried to stop him, "Alex! Listen, if you kill him now he'll win. You'll just prove that all he has said about you is true. Don't let him get to you."

Alex stopped punching, trying to take in what Ava just said. It might seem easy for you, but it was very hard for Alex not to kill Smith. All his vendetta and resentment of Smith could be satisfied by killing him, but he didn't. Because he knew that killing someone wouldn't make him feel better. When he killed Garrick, he thought all his pain and anger would go away, but it didn't, it just added guilt to his already damaged mental health. He had already learned from that mistake and wasn't willing to repeat it.

He lowered his hands and got off from Smith. Agents came into the room, picked up Smith, and handcuffed his hands. 

Smith was finally getting arrested.

A/N: