Episode 4 - King's Troubles

Kuragari : Try making nails with rock.

George : I'll try.

Magic circle appeared on the boy's hand palm and a nail was created

George : How was it?

Kuragari : Hmm....not bad. Now, try shooting it to the tree infront of you.

The boy shoot the nail toward the tree and the nail hit the trunk of tree

George : Now what?

Kuragari : That's how we gonna assassinate dark mages. Dark mages don't wear armors. So, this attack would kill them instantly if you hit the vital point. But it seems we'll need the target board. Without it, we won't know how much progress you've made.

George : Hey oldman, I have a question. Why not just use a bow?

Kuragari : Bow only work in range combats. You'll need to able to fight in both melee and range. In that way, you won't have any disadvantages.

George : I see. But.... it looks like I have to train for months to master this.

Kuragari : Months? Are you dreaming, boy? You'll need at least three years to master this.

George : Three year??? That's too long!

Kuragari : It will worth. Anyway, I have something interesting to tell you.

George : What?

Kuragari : Boy.... I noticed that when you using your magic, you create something out of air rather than using materials.

George : What's that mean?

Kuragari : Let me ask you boy. Did you know that every mages have advantages in certain environments? Like...... water mage have advantages while near water.

George : I've never heard of this.

Kuragari : Hey, hey...... don't tell me..... you don't know the basic principles of magic? Or....... am I just being a genius and mankind of this world have really lower iq?

George : I don't know what you are talking about but somehow, I feel like you're mocking me.

Kuragari : Mocking you? No, I'm mocking the entire human race of this world. Just thinking about it make me feel pity on them.

George : Are we really that pathetic???

Kuragari : Put that aside, let's continue. Grab a rock and transform it into nail.

The boy take some rocks near him and activate the magic. Then, rocks turned into nails. Boy surprised

George : Amazing! I didn't know I could do like this.

Kuragari : Amazing huh? I have many other things to teach you. (Even though I'm just a ordinary salary man. This feel so wrong. I hope everything went smoothly as my plan. But again..... King would know that student's lie. After all.... he's wearing a legendary artifact that could detect every lies. He will notice the moment that boy lie. He might not say that was a lie to a man who bring a cure for his wife. But, there a chance that he might ask the boy's father. Eventually King will found out about us sooner or later. I have to prepare the best I could)

_____________________________________

(At Palace, King's Personal Room)

The middle aged man in red robe was sitting at the table. There's tea cup infront of him but instead of drinking, he just watching the cup and trapped in deep thoughts

King : (The boy...... his medicine actually saved my wife's life which no doctor could do. He said he made it but it's just a lie. Why didn't he tell the truth? Fear? Is he afraid that I would punish him because he bring medicine that wasn't his? Greed? There's must be some kind of relationship between him and the original owner. For some reason, he's the one who bring it to me. Did he stole it? Or..... they have agreement and he break it because of greed? I can see that he have greedy side. I don't care about it. Everyone want free money. I understand that. But..... who's the original owner? Why didn't they bring it by themselves?)