Thirty-Tainted Love

Thirty

Tainted Love

The party was in full swing when Tyler and I got there. We decided to dress him up in modern clothes that we got from a thrift shop.

"You look snazzy." I told him. 

"What does that mean?" He asked, with eyebrows raised. 

"Good."

"I don't know how long this is going to last but I'll try to keep it going for as long as I can."

"Here wear these." I said giving him some shades. "The less you look like you, the better."

"Hey, over here!" Alex yelled from across the room hopping up and down in front of a crowd of people.

We moved over to her and saw Izzi and Brick also with her.

"So this is the infamous guy," Izzi said eyeing him up and down.

Tyler held out his hand for them to shake. "Ty..."

"Ethan, his name is Ethan." I blurted.

"Well hi there Ethan, I'm Izzi and this is Brick and Alex."

"Yeah we've already sort of been acquainted." Alex retorted.

"How?" Izzi questioned.

"Over the phone," I quickly recovered.

"My do you look better in person than what I thought up in my head." Alex responded.

"So what school do you go to man?" Brick questioned.

"I actually don't go to school right now. Just working."

"Nothing wrong with that. I thought about taking time off after graduation, but my family would flip the fuck out."

"Yeah it definitely wasn't something my family wanted but I didn't really see another choice," Tyler replied.

"So how did you guys meet?" Izzi queried.

"We met in front of my house. He does yardwork and housework for Mrs. Jacobson, my neighbor."

"Cool, well let's get these shots going," Izzi hollered taking two shots from the bar and downing them. She then handed two to me and Tyler aka Ethan.

We looked at each other before shrugging and taking the shots and downing them.

"I have a mega joint, you guys want a hit?" Brick asked.

"Sure," we said in unison.

We followed Brick, Izzi and Alex out onto the balcony.

"This is some powerful stuff so whatever you do, don't inhale for too long. It's going to fuck you up if you do." Brick warned before handing it to us.

We each took a slow slight puff.

We started dancing and kissing and blowing smoke into each other's lungs as we kissed at the same time. Things got very trippy fast and all I could hear was laughter behind us as they cheered us on.

"I think another vision is coming on," I giggled.

Then suddenly I was back in my room or really Annie's room only this time it wasn't blurry.

"What are you doing here and why are you doing this?" I could finally see who it was and it shocked me. It was a young Mrs. Carlson. "Marisa? Seriously what are you doing here? And why do you have a gun in your hand?"

Marisa points the gun at Annie (me).

"For ten years all I've ever wanted to be is Mrs. Donovan Bobby Carlson and for ten years we've been on that track. Then in comes little miss sunshine to ruin all my plans."