SEVEN!

KEATING WALKED UP AND DOWN HIS CLASSROOM, LOOKING AT HIS STUDENTS. Rebetta and the boys were awfully tired from the night that they just had. Rebetta couldn't even focus on what Keating was saying. She just kept playing back the night she had with not only her friends but with Neil Perry.

"A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. And don't use very sad, use-" He points over to Knox, who looks like he is about to pass out.

"Come on, Mr. Overstreet, you twerp!" Keating shouted.

"Morose?" Knox answered.

"Exactly! Morose. Now, language was developed for one endeavor, and that is? Mr. Anderson? Come on! Are you a man or an amoeba?" Keating mentioned, walking over to Todd's desk. Todd didn't bother saying anything which made Rebetta feel bad for him. Keating paused for a moment before walking away.

"Mr. Perry!" He called on Neil. Neil looked up from his desk.

"Uh, to communicate?" He tried to answer.

"No! To woo women!" Keating corrected him. "I know you already tried to do that with Miss Carmichael!" Rebetta's eyes widened as she looked at Neil and Neil looked at her. The class started to laugh as Rebetta slowly crouched into her seat. "Today we're going to be talking about William Shakespeare."

The whole class groaned except for Rebetta, who was quite excited because she loved Shakespeare. "Oh god!" A boy cried out.

"I know. A lot of you looked forward to this about as much as you looked forward to root canal work. We're gonna talk about Shakespeare as someone who writes something very interesting. Now, many of you have seen Shakespeare done very much like this."

Keating starts talking in a British accent like he is mocking Shakespeare.

"O Titus, bring your friend hither." But if any of you have seen Mr. Marlon Brando, you know, Shakespeare can be different. "Friend, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears." You can also imagine, maybe, John Wayne as Macbeth going, "Well, is this a dagger I see before me?"" The class laughed softly.

A few days after that went by and Keating read them a story. ""Dogs, sir? Oh, not just now. I do enjoy a good dog once in a while, sir. You can have yourself a three-course meal fromone dog. Start with your canine crudites, go to your Fido flambe for main course and for dessert, a Pekingese parfait. And you can pick your teeth with a little paw."

    Rebetta didn't want anyone else as a teacher, and all the other boys could agree. Keating made them feel things that they had never felt in their whole entire life. The beauty of life, the dreams that build instead of you instead of what your parents tell you. This is what made life extraordinary and he was that.

    The students listened to Keating as he climbed onto his desk, looking down at the kids around him.

"Why do I stand up here?" Keating asked the class. "Why do I stand up on my desk? Anybody know the answer?"

    "To feel taller." Charlie blurted, and the class laughed.

    "No!" Keating taps the bell on his desk with his foot. "Thank you for playing, Mr. Dalton. I stand upon my desk to remind yourself that we must constantly look at things in a different way!"

    Keating always wanted others to look at things in a different way. Whether it be life or death, he knew that if you look at life in a different way... you can make the most out of your life.

"You see, the world looks very different from up here. You don't believe me? Come see for yourself. Come on. Come on!"

    Charlie, Neil and Rebetta raced up to the front of the classroom and the other students followed. "Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way," Keating spoke as they started climbing onto the desk. First it was Charlie, then Rebetta, then Neil. "Even though it may seem silly or wrong, you must try! Now, when you read, don't just consider what the author thinks. Consider what you think."