EIGHT!

REBETTA FINALLY PUT DOWN HER PENCIL AS SHE SAW HER COMPLETED POEM IN FRONT OF HER. After hours of trying to find the right words to put on the paper on how she felt about Neil Perry, she finally got it just right.

Her ears perked up as she heard yelling and cheering from down the hallway. She got up from her desk, and walked out of her room to see a smiley Neil. Neil looked the happiest she had ever seen him.

Neil got the main lead in the play he wanted. After listening to Rebetta's advice, he went for it. He never expected to get the main lead. But she was his motivation, she was his drive that kept him going. He turned away from Charlie as he spotted Rebetta in the hallway and his eyes lit up.

"Betta!" He shouted, making his way towards her. "I got the part! I'm going to play Puck! I'm gonna play Puck!"

He swooped her tiny figure into his arms and she wrapped herself around him, holding him tight. The two made their way into Rebetta's room as she didn't want to let go of him.

"Wait! Really?" She smiled, still holding onto him. She looked at him and grabbed his face. "Neil! Oh my god! I'm so proud of you! You did it!"

"I did it!" He said, with a huge grin on his face. The two of them locked eyes. Betta could feel her heart leap out of her chest and the same went with Neil. He could look at Rebetta all day and not get bored of it. He was so enchanted by her. Her voice, her intelligence, her beauty... he was smitten by her.

Rebetta laughed quietly as Neil looked down at her lips. Rebetta did the same. She really wanted to kiss Neil at this moment. Passion was flowing through the two of them as Neil slowly started to lean in for a kiss.

Rebetta's heart started beating faster as Neil slowly got closer to her. She did the same inching closer. Their lips were now almost centimeters apart until the door swung open which made them break away and get their hands off of each other. "C'mon lovebirds, time for dinner!" Charlie interrupted.

Dammit Charlie. Charlie then walked away, as Neil looked at the door. "See you at dinner?" He asked and Rebetta nodded, as he awkwardly left the room.

She sighed loudly as she really wanted to kiss him at that moment. She was confused. What exactly were her feelings for Neil? Later that night, she decided to call up Rose. It was quite late, so she wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't answer at all.

She waited patiently by the phone, tapping her foot. "Hello?" Rose answered.

"Hi Gram." Rebetta greeted her. She did miss her grandmother, especially during moments like these when things were awfully confusing. Her grandmother always gave her the best advice. Advice her mother didn't even give her.

"Betta, sweetie. I'm so glad you called." Rose smiled against the phone. "How has it been? You've been staying up on your school work right? And that Neil Perry kid? How is that going?"

Rebetta sighed softly, not even knowing where to start first. "Yeah, yeah. Everything is going well. School's been fine, you know." She looked around to make sure nobody was eavesdropping in her conversation. "Are you busy right now?"

"You know me, a busy lady." Rose laughed sarcastically. "I'm just kidding, I am never busy for you my dear. What's bothering you?"

"I really enjoy Neil. I really like him." Rebetta whispered into the phone.

Rose sighed softly. "How is this a bad thing?"

"It's not, it's not." She said softly. But the truth is, it might actually be a bad idea. Now that Rebetta knows who Neil's father is. He was a vile man who wouldn't let his son enjoy his teenage years. "I just don't think it's a good idea."