Chapter 3

~Chapter three~

Ms. Evans POV

A new school year, a new set of students to teach. I just hope these students aren't obnoxious like last year. They were a pain.

"Do you have anything you want to do this year, hun?"

"Mhm. No, not really. I'll probably be still the top 1 this year. Just smashing some competitions." She mumbles before putting her phone in her pocket.

"I'm going to class now, mum. See ya at English later!" I waved her a goodbye.

Seeing her this happy made me smile. The nickname too. It's been a year since she started calling me that. I was more of a parental figure than a teacher to some, especially to her. Her parents died when she was young. She had a nanny who raised her but she passed away a year ago. Her relatives were out of the country and just couldn't get her and I just happened to be there.

I considered Lonnie as my own. I could only imagine what she's gone through over the years. She's 16 and an absolute sweet heart. She's also too smart for her age. She's indeed so special. Every kid is.

Speaking of kids, a few students had already came in the room. Well, aren't they early. That's a first.

Addison Browne. Everyone knew who this girl is and I wasn't no stranger. I haven't been to any of her games since I wasn't a fan but word pretty much gets around so easily. I've seen her in her junior years, flocking around. I hope she's not one of those popular girls with an attitude. I'd be turning the tables if so.

The day went on pretty fast. It's pretty much doing the same thing on first days. Introduction, a test and that's pretty much it.

"How's your first day?" A colleague asks to pretty much I reply with simple hum. "I guess the excitement dies once you get used to this, huh."

"Anyhow, when are you planning to settle down with someone. It's been like forever, Jas." I groaned. "Who are you? My mom?"

"Im just saying. You'll probably hit 30 and still be virgin." She whispers. Wow, okay. Don't bring my sexual life into this.

"I'm 25. Isn't it like too early to be thinking about marriage and that."

"At that age, you'd have someone already. But you don't. You need to let loose. Y'know, Bryce has a few friends. You should go meet them. Find someone and we could go on a double date together."

"Leah, no. They aren't my type. And what are we? Teenagers? I'd rather not. Plus, we already have enough in our plates." Its always the same thing in people's lives. Talk about love, relationships, etc. Why don't we cut me some slack.

"Eh? Where are you going?"

"Back to my room. I need to start doing worksheets." I stood up, grabbing a few papers.

"Alright. You're already starting to tire the kids out. I'll do the same." That sinister look says it all. I was never good at numbers and I bet I'm not the only one. Goodluck kiddos.

The phone in my pocket buzzed before I could open my door.

"I'll be home a bit late, mum. Going out with friends." The text read followed by a picture of them. I smiled, quickly sending a reply. The rustling inside my room interrupted my train of thought.

Did someone really get detention on the first day? Wow. What a way to start off the year. That thought made me think of that Addison girl earlier. She's quite corky and corny might I add.

I silently chuckled at the thought before regaining composure, opening the door. My eyes darted to see the said girl that were in my thoughts just a few seconds ago.