nine

Brooklyn's pov:

I woke up in a crowded hotel room. There were about thirteen people. I recognized all of them. Seven of them were from, the dream? I have no idea what to call it now because they were standing right in front of me. I immediately recognized Robert. He had apologetic look on his face. -Maybe it's because they all just let me fucking die.- I don't really mind, I mean I'm sitting right here. 

I looked away from the soldiers and saw Lexie, Stas, Amanda, and Kat. However, Sam and Colby have their backs turned away from me like they were trying not to look at something. I sit up more and feel the blanket around me. I looked down and a string of curse words left my mouth. I asked Lexie to get them out so I could change. Even the soldiers left to give me privacy, they were nice now.

 I want answers. I want to know why I'm having these weird dreams, seeing these weird people. If they were soldiers from seventeen-seventy-eight why in the hell am I seeing them now?  Are they dead? They have to be. 

How the fuck am I seeing dead people?! 

I need to talk to Amanda but for right now I want to leave and go to the conjuring house now.

I get dressed and rush out the door. I really hope Lexie grabbed the key but I tried to play it off. 

"Well, Brooklyn took up our time a little bit but we can definitely still make it before dark," Sam said turning on the engine to the limo.

"But, we're getting a different car," He added.

"What? Nooo!" Kat whined.

"Yes, we really don't need this big of a car, I'm just going to ask for an SUV," Sam demanded.

"Okay, can you drop me off at the house first?" I asked Sam.

"Wait, you just got your head bashed into the ground and you wanna go there alone?" Sam laughed.

"Yes, first of all, I probably just fell, and second I just don't care," I stated.

"Okay, first of all, we don't care what you care about, and second you're going there alone." Colby mocked.

"I don't see why not, Cory will be there," I said.

"How do you know about Cory, I never told you about Cory." Sam sounded confused.

"Sorry, I forgot," I muttered.

"Brooklyn, what do you mean you forgot?" Sam asked with a lot of confusion in his voice.

"I wasn't supposed to talk about Cory." 

"Who's Cory?" Colby asked, but no one answered his question, I thought he was supposed to know these things. 

"Dude, you're creepin' me out, what did you see when you were knocked out?" Lexie laughed.

"A lot." I stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. I wanted to creep them out, makes a better video. Anyways I've kind of already known about this house. I didn't want to make them disappointed but I've done my fair share of research. I just got fascinated by the fact that I lived an hour away from a demonic house. I feel a little silly because I've never seen the movies or read the books, I wasn't allowed. I told my mom, I guess she already knew because she told me not to read the story. She said it would make me uneasy. I just thought if she didn't want me to see it when I was a little younger then why would I watch it now? I'm assuming that I'm going to learn about it today.

***

We traded the limo for the SUV and made our way to the conjuring house. We first stopped at a close-by mall, Colby suggested lightening the mood before we got to some scary ass house. They did the intro on a carousel and stopped to take a picture with an Addison Rae poster. On the way to the house, it was quite a long drive but it was nice. I just feel bad for the soldiers, they couldn't fit in this car. Right now we're currently thirty seconds away from the house. My body feels tingly, my palms are moist from sweat. My thighs are sweating but maybe because it's the middle of the summer. However, the air is working perfectly fine. I suddenly have the urge to pee. Um, why? Will I piss myself out of fear? Honestly, probably. I've almost done it twice already and we haven't even been close to the house.

"Ready?" Sam said holding up the camera.

"No." We all said simultaneously. Sam laughed and got out of the car. We followed him and stopped to meet the owners of the house present day. I pull Colby to my side.

"That's Cory," I said quietly pointing to a man with a long beard. Colby nodded and walked next to Stas. Dude, am I that bad the guy can't walk next to me? You know what I don't care, if you can't fix it in the next ten seconds don't worry about it. 

"Come here, girls!" Sam yelled.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! I'M A MAN!" We all laugh at Colby's comment and walk to Sam.

"I don't really get nervous for haunted places usually. I was very very scared to come to this place." Sam stated.

"I'm, yeah, not kidding I felt nerves about coming here, for sure," Colby said rubbing his stomach.

"I could definitely throw up right now," said Kat.

"Please don't," Lexie begged.

"Well, guys we made it, the real actual Conjuring House. You've seen those movies they are obviously not real, but they were based on a true story that happened in that house." Sam pointed to the house behind us.

"By the way guys we are here with five lovely ladies, Kat, Stas, Amanda, Brooklyn, and Lexie. This is Brooklyn and Lexie's first-time ghost hunting and first time on the channel!" Colby applauds us. 

"Amanda can actually speak to the dead." Colby points out.

"So they bring me here?" She asked sarcastically, everyone laughed but me. I knew she wasn't lying, she was scared. And so is everyone else.

I can feel it.

"So we're gonna see if we can contact anything." Said Colby. "See if she can pick up on any spirit, any demon, or whatever could be here." He continued. Then he raised his shoulders and says "I'm scared." 

"Ah,  the history of this horrifying place. Okay, well, let's go take a tour, first impressions, and everything." Sam suggest,

"Let's do it," Colby says, Kat and Lexie clap, while Amanda and I stare at each other. It's almost like she's trying to read or study me. Does everyone in this group hate me? I mean I have done some embarrassing stuff, but I actually passed out and almost made us late. 

Man, I'm such a fool.

I should apologize to Sam, not Colby because he's being a bitch but I do feel bad.

We follow Sam and Colby to the entrance door.

This is where our journey begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1148 words

<Ik this chapter sucks again, I'm sorry but at least I'm trying :)>