The Snake's apprentice

As they reached the next floor they saw an open door with the nameplate 301 on it. As they entered inside they saw shinobis from various villages had gathered there. Some looked their age but most of them were much older than Yami and his teammates.

As they entered the room all guys focused on them. Yami's squad was the first leaf genin squad there. It was obvious that everyone wanted to target them. In every chunin exam, the shinobis from other villages would target the shinobis who had a home ground advantage as this could prove fatal to the foreign shinobis. It wasn't a secret that the home ground shinobis were favored by the examiners and they had a higher chance of becoming chunin. Some even radiated faint killing intent toward Yami and his squad mates.

The ones who were doing it blatantly were the shinobis from the hidden sound. Their leader had tape wrapped around his head and only one of his eyes was visible. He also wore suspiciously long sleeves which had even crossed his knees.

'This guy must be Dosu. The one who had a resonating speaker on his arms.' Yami thought. He had seen the anime but couldn't remember the small characters. On his left was a guy wearing a brown half-sleeved shirt and on his right was a girl wearing a sleeveless jacket and faint purple and black pants.

"These people look a little scary" Lee murmured while moving his head a little closer to Neji.

"A small number of genins are promoted to chunin, so it is obvious that most of the shinobis here are here after multiple attempts." Neji answered as he look at the foreign shinobis. He was a little bothered by the killing intent but seeing that his teammates didn't give much attention, he decided to ignore it as well.

"Are you kids in the wrong place?" a shinobi from the hidden mist asked. He and his teammates looked like they were 13-14 years of age. He directed the question at Yami who looked the youngest among them. Yami's height was the same as Neji and Lee but his innocent face clearly displayed that he was too young to be among this crowd. Some shinobis from the hidden stone also sneered at that. Yami could see that they wanted to crush him and bury him in the ground.

'People in this world really don't need a reason to hurt each other.' Yami thought as he ignored the question asked by the mist shinobi. This angered the mist shinobi but then he heard a few talking noises coming from the door. Everyone started looking at the door except Yami as he already knew that this sound was of chips being munched on.

It was none other than team 10 who entered the room. They also saw the room full of shinobis. Ino looked scared as she glanced at them. Shikamaru who always had a bored expression looked alert for some reason. He had sensed the killing intent and wanted to be careful. As Ino saw Yami standing in a corner with his teammates, she wanted to go and greet him but then another squad entered the room. It was none other than team 8. The quiet Shino stepped in and stood beside Choji who was oblivious to everything going around him. He was focused on the chips he was munching on.

Seeing so many people Akamaru who was sitting on top of Kiba's head jumped into his jacket and hid. Animals can detect the slightest hostilities and this was the first time for Akamaru to detect so much together. Hinata went and greeted Ino. She was happy to see that she wasn't alone here and had someone to talk to.

"H-hi Ino...A-are you guys ready?" Hinata asked.

Seeing Hinata's scared face Ino decided to stay with her and comfort her. "Hinata you haven't changed a bit. Don't be so nervous we don't have to be scared of all these people."

"THAT'S RIGHT." came a shout from the door again.

'Why can't these idiots come together? Why do they need to make an entry every 10 seconds?' Yami thought as he shook his head. Yami left an eye on him. At first, he ignored it but even after 2 more squads entered the room, one set of eyes was still on him. Yami looked in that particular direction and saw a man with round glasses and a ponytail tied in the back.

'Kabuto...how did I forget such an annoying character? If I want to finish him then I need to do it before the war. Later in the canon after making a breakthrough in the hydrification technique of the Hozuki clan, he becomes hard to kill just like Orochimaru. I do admire his tenacity though. He laid low with his head bowed until he became strong enough. Killing him would potentially cancel the reanimation of all the dead good characters during the war and by that I mean the 4 hokages. I am still not sure of defeating Orochimaru or people from the Akatsuki. I won't stand a chance during the war in front of Obito and Madara.' Yami didn't want to take a decision that he would come to regret later. He decided to keep Kabuto alive until he thinks that he can't handle Madara on his own.

While Yami was thinking all this Kabuto had shifted his attention to Team 7. The noisy Naruto had successfully become the center of everyone's annoyance.

"You guys need to be a little quiet." Kabuto said as he walked close to them.

"Who are you?" Naruto asked.

"I am Kabuto. I have attempted the chunin exams a few times but couldn't get promoted and there are many like me here. You guys will get targeted by these people if you attract this much attention." Kabuto warned.

"Heh...I am not scared of anyone. Whoever comes I will defeat them and become a chunin." Naruto shouted making those who didn't even look at them grit their teeth in annoyance. For them, Naruto was like a bee buzzing around them and irritating them.

"These guys seem pretty confident." the girl beside Dosu said.

"Then let's see if they have the skill to back it up." Dosu said in a cold tone.

----------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.